Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie has a bunch of half-siblings that are agility dogs. His brother from a previous breeding (Georgie's dad) is an agility + show + herding dog. His full brother from his own litter has I think a single herding title, but mostly just lives on a farm.

Payton's sister that is still with his breeder is a show dog. He has another brother and sister that I don't know anything about except that the brother lives in California now. Payton was the wild child of that litter, no doubt about it. His sister is reportedly a big couch potato... it amuses me to think of anything related to P as being a couch potato, LOL.

Pepper's sister (Georgie's mom) is an agility dog in training and has been shown a few times as well. I think there are two other sisters that have been shown as well, one of them has been bred IIRC. I'm not sure about the rest of the litter. I think there were five and I'm sure there was at least one boy but I can only find girls haha.

Georgie's sister is an agility dog in training too and I can't remember if she was shown or if her breeder ended up pulling her because she wasn't quite ready...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

So, this could turn out long, I'll try to keep it short. Enda has 31 siblings, she has several half siblings out of her sire as well. Out of her full siblings, right now only two others are being shown, the bitch her breeder kept, and a natural eared bitch who lives near the breeder. A half sibling is also being shown, and her owner also does sledding and dabbles in whatever other competitions that come along. Sonnette-

And another from that litter, male, has been shown.

One of her full siblings is doing agility, Ember, here's a fun video of her -

And other than those, the rest are all really just pets. One was even sent to France from her last litter and I was more than shocked when they had him neutered! I can only think they must have had a Beauceron before and wanted another from as similar of lines as possible to pay all the import fees for just a pet.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you've met her famous uncle I'm sure -

And here's another one of her uncle's, whose owner keeps a really nice blog -

http://hollyraegroff.blogspot.com/
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Mira is one of ten puppies. Her sibs are a mish mash of careers: hunting, field, some competition obedience, rally, CGCs, therapy dog. Some are just household pets. Mira's the only one that does agility, but there are a lot parallels between a good agility dog and a good field dog in terms of characteristics and skill sets. Funny how that works.

They are all pets first, though. Not just saying that...it's an intentional part of their placements.

I've gotten to meet one of her brothers and three of her sisters as adults, which is also fun

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Glutton for Crazy

You really, really make me want my own Edna.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Big Dog

Miz Naughty's one full sister was the number 1 Cardigan in Holland last year. Most of her siblings are pets, though, because they were fluffies. Her half sister is currently being specialed in the US, but in Germany she has half siblings that are currently being run as competitive agility dogs.

Both of Miz Naughty's puppies are being homed as show prospects, with LiL Sis remaining with me and the male puppy is being homed with a serious obedience person who is interested in getting into showing. Who knows if they'll turn out to be special's quality, but I don't really care about that so much. I'd be happy with a Ch title on one end and an HT on the other. ;-)
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

I really wish I knew.

I got Jackson from a BYB in Baltimore City and I had to pick between him and his brother. It was SO hard. I wanted so badly to take them both.

I still wonder what happened to him or what he looks like, if he got to be as big as Jackson, etc. I've thought about, like, posting a Craigslist ad looking for his sibling, LOL, but I don't know how successful that would be. It narrows it down slightly that they have their natural tails and are bigger than your average yorkie. But hard to say. I know it was a woman and her boyfriend who got his sibling who lived in DC but that's the extent of it, don't know if he's even in the hands of his original owner or not. And I tried to contact the 'breeder' (I had her e-mails still in my old inbox) but think she changed her email and phone number, it's been almost 5 years.

That's one reason I can't wait to get a dog from a reputable breeder one day so I can have all this info.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDog View Post
Carma's brother Charlie is working in sport in Miami. As far as I know, he is the only other one right now.

Charlie vom Oz Haus by Gator_Dog, on Flickr
Why is he wearing a service dog vest to do bitework? :\

Dunno about any of my dogs siblings. I met Em's a couple years back... reactive, untrained, unsocialized. Totally out of control, dog aggressive (except with her, oddly enough), etc. Everything Em would have been should she have gone to a pet home, lol.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
You really, really make me want my own Edna.
Me too! Where is she from? I don't know the breed very well though

Eden was a conformation failure, the siblings I think are largely in pet homes. Her father is about to retire from showing and I think he placed her mother last year. She has her Mom's ear spot/expression - I think it's cute:

Eden's on the left and her half-sister (Jason's corgi, Poppy) is on the right.

Kastle's sire was the SchH world champion in 2010, his dam is titled SchH3/IPO3 and KKL1. Kastle is obviously training for IPO (among other sports).

This is Kastle at 2 years, his sire (Como) at 3.5 years:

I don't believe his littermates are doing much as far as competition - from what I've seen/heard. My work bought his full litter brother for the tracking program but I believe we are going to turn him into a Human Detection dog instead.

This is Kenzo:

I know a handful of half-sibs of Kastle (same dam for all) and they are all SchH dogs and very nice...here are a few

Limit's two siblings are all in working homes (cattle farms). Nothing too interesting there...he looks like his sire:
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Then there's Aikon...his sire just made it on the world team for this year. He's got two full siblings in SchH homes, one in a detection home, the rest of the litter of 11 are in pet/agility homes (mostly pet I think). He has a TON of half-siblings that are competing in SchH (through his sire). I don't know who he looks like in body yet, but I think he has his dam's face/expression.

Idaia (the dam):

Figo (his sire):
Old 06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
The Monster.

Megatron was a pet store puppy, so god only knows where her siblings are now. (She's a rescue.) Hopefully not dead.

I was speaking to Cohen's breeder about Cohen's littermates just a few weeks ago. Unfortunately my breeder hasn't heard anything from them for a few years. The dogs are all likely in pet homes, as the breeder doesn't produce much else. I only know of one other Aussie from the breeder who I'd call a performance dog. A few other of her pups dabble in sports, but nothing serious.

Cohen's sire was the #3 top winning Aussie in confo in 2005. He's now retired and still lives with the breeder. Her dam was pet quality and was placed in a pet home after her last litter 2 years ago or so.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog