Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,561
Default

Does anyone have experience with going over their due date enough to have a biophysical?

I'm now 40 weeks + 4 days. I feel perfectly fine, baby seems fine (moving and all), I'm not too anxious to get the baby out yet...midwife said sex might help things move along (it hasn't) and I could try castor oil if I wanted to be miserable before labor started (I didn't).

My fundal height has been 35cm for the past 3 visits...so 5 weeks. Tomorrow we're doing a EFW since I needed a biophysical anyway. They're now scheduling a biophysical every 3 days, and if it shows anything worrisome, I think they'll want to induce. I just don't know how reliable a biophysical sonogram is...if they suggest induction it's the right thing to do, etc.

The midwives group I'm seeing through the hospital seems very pro-natural birth and anti-unnecessary interventions - it's standard to do things like immediate skin-to-skin, immediate breastfeeding, delayed cord clamping, the baby isn't taken to a nursery at all unless there's a serious issue, etc. But I'm wondering if hospital policy is STILL to push induction towards 42 weeks, even if there's no problems?
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site