Ok, I already have plans for what Nextdog will be but I was just curious what breeds come to mind when I describe this:
- Size doesn't matter for this really. <50 lbs?
- coat doesn't matter
- Energy level- moderate to high with great off switch. Puts in a lot of effort when need be but also is totally cool to sleep part of the day.
- Extremely high biddability and desire to work with you.
- Some sort of high useable drive (for us it's food but could be anything. Doesn't need to be mal level or anything. But at any rate a dog that is easily motivated)
- Extremely people friendly. Very outgoing that way.
- very athletic/likes to jump.
- Very suited to agility training/fast. (essentially lightly built)
- dog friendliness- not necessarily a dog park dog but can live peacefully with other dogs easily
- relatively sensitive personality. But also very confident. I am not sure if I am wording that correctly. Not a very hard or sharp kind of dog?
- Very confident with surroundings and new things. Takes everything in stride. Maybe not as prone to needing such extensive socialization like Mia does and a lot of breeds I like do.
-Happy/up personality. Easily excited, lol. I guess some would say just a touch hyper.
- Extremely handler oriented/velcro
Bonus: toy drive and likes water (which is a trait I don't have at the moment lol)
I know a lot of that is training and socialization but I was just curious what breeds you'd think of... There's a lot I like about Summer and training her. I think I always need a more 'complicated' dog like Mia to live with but there's also definitely something to be said for a dog like Summer who is just... easy as can be. She's so confident in everything and never really over the top but always wanting to work and work hard. She's happy go lucky and totally straightforward. Much as I like my bratdogs, I would definitely sign up for another Summer-type personality too. I think I will always want one more complex dog to train and then one that's not so much socialization/work. I find that balances out pretty well.
I guess the obvious answer is another papillon since Summer is pretty classic pap in temperament but was wondering if anything else came to mind... particularly something a little bigger in size.
Mia CGC - (6 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 1 year old Spotty Dog)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (11 year old Papillon)