Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
stardogs stardogs is offline
Behavior Nerd
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 4,632
Default

Just bought 120lbs - shipping was like $45 >.< But still only $115 total!
__________________
Erin, Ziva, Kestrel, Aerten, and Snipe
Always in our hearts: The Amazing Maggie Mae


Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
So no scam? Have people received their orders yet? I've never used this company, but I really don't want to be out $60 or so bucks....
I was a little skeptical too, but I had looked at this website and for the most part everyone seems quite pleased with them: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PetCareRx

Does anyone know why they are selling this for so cheap?? I was at the pet store today and just curious what their retail price was on this stuff.... $56 for a 25lb bag, which this website is selling for only $10. I just don't get how it's possible lol. Am I going to open the bag and find Kibbles n Bits??
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:54 PM
kady05's Avatar
kady05 kady05 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
So no scam? Have people received their orders yet? I've never used this company, but I really don't want to be out $60 or so bucks....
They're definitely legit. When they first started they weren't really "with it" yet and they offered free shipping on all pet food and had all kinds of awesome coupon codes too. I used to get all my kibble from them.. then they got smart and started limiting the codes.. now they don't ship pet food free. Guess that's what happens when a company gets popular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Does anyone know why they are selling this for so cheap?? I was at the pet store today and just curious what their retail price was on this stuff.... $56 for a 25lb bag, which this website is selling for only $10. I just don't get how it's possible lol. Am I going to open the bag and find Kibbles n Bits??
My guess, and I could be totally wrong, is that maybe Petcurean is changing their packaging and wants to get rid of all of the old bags. Only reason I say that is because the one time I've gotten food so cheap it was Merricks Before Grain and it was right when they were changing to new packaging. My local pet store had all the old bags half off, it was awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
They're definitely legit. When they first started they weren't really "with it" yet and they offered free shipping on all pet food and had all kinds of awesome coupon codes too. I used to get all my kibble from them.. then they got smart and started limiting the codes.. now they don't ship pet food free. Guess that's what happens when a company gets popular!



My guess, and I could be totally wrong, is that maybe Petcurean is changing their packaging and wants to get rid of all of the old bags. Only reason I say that is because the one time I've gotten food so cheap it was Merricks Before Grain and it was right when they were changing to new packaging. My local pet store had all the old bags half off, it was awesome!
My guess was either that or coming up to the expiry date and had to be sold.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:29 PM
kady05's Avatar
kady05 kady05 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
My guess was either that or coming up to the expiry date and had to be sold.
From what I've heard, people are saying the bags are marked June 2014. We'll see if that's true!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Lizmo's Avatar
Lizmo Lizmo is offline
Water Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

Does anyone know why they are selling this for so cheap?? I was at the pet store today and just curious what their retail price was on this stuff.... $56 for a 25lb bag, which this website is selling for only $10. I just don't get how it's possible lol. Am I going to open the bag and find Kibbles n Bits??
My guess is they need to go for some reason, because it's only certain sizes, and those vary from formula to formula.

But yeah. Just got 121lbs of GF for $109. Woot!
__________________

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 PM
MericoX's Avatar
MericoX MericoX is offline
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In depression
Posts: 5,257
Default

Hermpfh. Didn't realize that the free shipping didn't include dry food.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Lizmo's Avatar
Lizmo Lizmo is offline
Water Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Hermpfh. Didn't realize that the free shipping didn't include dry food.
Nope. But, really, you come out ahead even with shipping....
__________________

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Oko's Avatar
Oko Oko is offline
Silence, peasants.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 2,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Nope. But, really, you come out ahead even with shipping....
Yeah, I calculated having spent $350 less than if we had picked up our normal brands in the same amounts as what we bought.
__________________


Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Yeah, I calculated having spent $350 less than if we had picked up our normal brands in the same amounts as what we bought.
That's awesome!
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site