Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Well, iphones can't collect your DNA.
I wasn't really being serious, but my husband and I were joking about it.

We may not be changing the literal dictionary definition of the actual word "privacy," but we are changing our cultural expectations of privacy more and more each day.

Like I said, I don't like this ruling, but it's hard for me to get really raging mad about it because I just don't see it as all THAT different from what we already choose to do to ourselves (as a culture, not necessarily all individuals). I just think we're heading in a direction where privacy is becoming sort of an irrelevant relic societally speaking. I don't like THAT, either, but I'm probably going to get swept up in it whether I like it or not.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
They're collecting DNA for id purposes. They can already take your fingerprints, they used to be able to measure your head, they're just finding better ways of doing it.

I think everything I've read has seen the DNA tests their doing does not find anything like health problems and such.
every five years, I have to have to be finger printed by the TX racing commission when applying for a grooms license. Where does that information go? does the state/govt have access to it? every year they also swab test me for drugs, most companies do this, so why would the govt/state have to also do it? couldn't they simply request that info from the companies? or is it classified?