Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I know that you lived in Ohio/want to move back, so could you explain a little more? I did a campus visit, and liked it a lot. Lol.
and graduated from Wilmington. I'll send you a PM after I get off work.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I remember you giving this same advice to me on a different thread, and it is CONSTANTLY in the back of my mind. And it is part of the reason I am having such a difficult time. Because, if I were single, I would be living/going to school in Laramie, Wyoming. But, I'm not and I'm feeling kind of stuck and claustrophobic. That makes me sound terrible... It's not how I mean it.

I will come back to this and explain myself better, as I have some things I really need to get done here at work.
Sorry, I don't mean to make things difficult! It really has been a helpful way for us to frame decisions though.

I understand your point of view. If I were single, no way in heck would I still be in Northern Virginia! I'd be on the beach, in warm weather. This place makes my head spin...but I married someone who has security clearances and works on government contracts--so we're here for the foreseeable future.

Can Josh try to get jobs out west, and you put off school for a semester or two until he finds good employment out there? Try for a transfer, apply to different companies, etc, but do it BEFORE you start school out there, so that you can move together instead of him chasing you.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to make things difficult! It really has been a helpful way for us to frame decisions though.

I understand your point of view. If I were single, no way in heck would I still be in Northern Virginia! I'd be on the beach, in warm weather. This place makes my head spin...but I married someone who has security clearances and works on government contracts--so we're here for the foreseeable future.

Can Josh try to get jobs out west, and you put off school for a semester or two until he finds good employment out there? Try for a transfer, apply to different companies, etc, but do it BEFORE you start school out there, so that you can move together instead of him chasing you.
No! It really IS a good thing. Because my marriage is my number one priority.

Yes, I've been trying to look at schools that are within an hour of different Pfizer's so that he can possibly transfer, which is why I'm looking heavily at CSU. Pfizer has a plant in Denver, and Fort Collins is about a touch over an hour away, so if we move somewhere in the middle it would be reasonable for both of us.

I'm not rushing to go back. I probably have a year or so of classes that I could take here before I transfer into a program and that could give us some time to get things sorted out. Also, I'm making sure that I'm making an educated decision that I will stick with, as before when I've felt rushed (for instance, right out of high school) my grades started to slip and I got really stressed.

I'm going to go talk a counselor for Option A and see if there is anything that would be a better fit and go from there.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I just wanted to update this by saying that I finally found what I think will be the perfect fit. I can live at home, easily commute, and the major is VERY similar to what I would be doing in Rangeland.

I'm going to apply hopefully this week, and maybe even get started by the fall. I feel like I'm going to cry, I'm so excited. Thanks to everyone, especially CaliTerp, for helping me to keep my priorities straight and to help me through this decision.

I will be going for a BS in Natural Resource Management with an emphasis on Ecosystems and minoring in Biology.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

YAY! So excited for you to have found something that seems to work from all sides Glad you were able to balance everything!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Glad it all worked out.