Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Twin 2.0

You've got such a knack for fixing up things!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I know I wouldn't want splint rubbing against the elbow bone either. Once it was padded the whole dog relaxed. I dont' know if the splint is just too long..is it suppose to come up to the edge of the elbow? It seems like it should stop just under.

Thanks Zoom.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

So yesterday, was a good day for her leg. Today was not a good day. You could tell, it was stressing her. SHe woudln't walk on it, and was back to waving it around at me. When we went outside, she made a bee line for the truck. So even tho the doc had said "sometime this week" I made an appt for this afternoon. As soon as they cut the splint off I saw what was wrong. WHen I had pushed her leg back down the splint the morning it was half off and half on, I guess it pushed the short hair on her leg backward. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was. That was the source of her discomfort. Ever changed your part in your hair? IT can feel odd, or had a piece of clothing rub the hair on your body the wrong way ( i have a pair of socks with elastic in the middle that did that too my foot, even tho it was fine almost not there, it got me up to see what was wrong.., it can get your attention after awhile, can almost feel like splinters. FOr Pepper it was her whole leg. THe doc took the stitches out, I smoothed her hair all back in the right direction, and that damnable splint was put back on but not tight. Now she is back to her smiling, most relieved self. They want her back once a week to check on it, for the next 4 weeks, but the Doc said the tendon felt good, and the wound has healed beautifully despite all of her problems.

The day started out ok..breaking bread with Aiden

later that afternoon, she just seemed depressed. SHe kept licking at the middle of it. Which she wasnt' doing the day before.

worn out from the whole business of it..the vet wrapped it again over her elbow, but not the same way he did it last time, will be watching it closely.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 05-21-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Love my pets

Awww......Pepper is being such a good patient. I love this girl. Glad Aiden & Baylee are being good nurses too!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Aiden and I read an old golden book called Dan the Bandage Man yesterday. He gets that Pepper has a big bandage to be sure and thought maybe she should add some but I told him I think she's got enough.. Everyone from Hyia to Baylee have been keeping Pepper company. Neccy misses her playmate most of all and gives her kisses.

Lesson learned, going rouge, not such a good idea. I mean we had to do something, but by pushing her leg back into place, I did not know her hair which is so short, and rather stiff, would go against the grain for lack of better words. It would have been better to completely rewrap the whole business of it, like we had to when it came off. So don't do what I did. I made a mistake.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Active Pup

Oh!What a pity!take googd care of it,it will be good quickly!