Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs6 View Post
You should just do what we did and get goats to keep the grass down! No more mowing AND they actually like the holes that the dogs dig to sleep in. (despite the heavy shelter that is always within their electric fence!)
I have goats but I can't let them in the yard ... I have ACDs ... I don think that would go well. We tried putting them in at night but we had hell getting them to leave. Though I am pretty desperate so we might try it again lol, the problem is that we only have one that is catchable, the others are super wild :/. I might lead the tame one up here ... One is better then none right? xD

@Fran I ate some frito pie at the track when I was working race nights for the same reason ... I was soooo hungry & I know I should have waited but I didn't & long story short I puked all night
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Cara's microchip is MIA, the one she just had put in last February. Took the dogs in for their yearly checkup and they went over her entire body...nothing. Thank god she never needed it, now I have to contact Home Again to see what they'll do about it. *sigh*

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

I talked to the local florist (that we know personally and see everyday) about wedding flowers.

I wasn't doing it because I wanted flowers ---I'm getting married in a GARDEN---I was doing it because I thought she'd want to be involved. I wanted ONE flower project.

Instead she told me everything I'm doing wrong and made me feel like a horrible person when I told her I wasn't going to carry a bouquet, no we don't want flower center pieces and the wedding party will not be wearing flowers. Along with everything else from chairs to tents and tables. It was just annoying and frustrating and I shouldn't have to justify why I'm doing the things I am.

It's MY wedding and there are no rules or traditions that I HAVE to follow.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I talked to the local florist (that we know personally and see everyday) about wedding flowers.

I wasn't doing it because I wanted flowers ---I'm getting married in a GARDEN---I was doing it because I thought she'd want to be involved. I wanted ONE flower project.

Instead she told me everything I'm doing wrong and made me feel like a horrible person when I told her I wasn't going to carry a bouquet, no we don't want flower center pieces and the wedding party will not be wearing flowers. Along with everything else from chairs to tents and tables. It was just annoying and frustrating and I shouldn't have to justify why I'm doing the things I am.

It's MY wedding and there are no rules or traditions that I HAVE to follow.
I think that's a good way to no get any of my business

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 PM
orange iguanas.

Blargh. I have to go into work on Sunday morning to do kennels. Waaahhh. I was pretty pumped for Memorial Day weekend - I work on Saturday, so having Monday off meant I was getting a normal weekend of being able to sleep in a couple days. Kenneling Sunday morning means I have to be there at like, 8am. That's not sleeping in. Plus with gas prices the way they are, I hate that I have to drive out there just to get 20 minutes worth of pay. Takes about 20 minutes just to get there!

I thought I was done with this weekend kenneling nonsense when I quit my kennel assistant job.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I think I've damaged Bs coat with a furminator. I have used one many times without issue but this time... :-/ sad
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Tsuki's been gone four weeks today. It's awesome my first day off every week is another weeks-long anniversary of her death.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Tsuki's been gone four weeks today. It's awesome my first day off every week is another weeks-long anniversary of her death.
I'm so sorry ((((()))))
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Blargh. I have to go into work on Sunday morning to do kennels. Waaahhh. I was pretty pumped for Memorial Day weekend - I work on Saturday, so having Monday off meant I was getting a normal weekend of being able to sleep in a couple days. Kenneling Sunday morning means I have to be there at like, 8am. That's not sleeping in. Plus with gas prices the way they are, I hate that I have to drive out there just to get 20 minutes worth of pay. Takes about 20 minutes just to get there!

I thought I was done with this weekend kenneling nonsense when I quit my kennel assistant job.
Ugh, I TOTALLY know the feeling. It's a 40 minute round-trip drive to work, and kennels sometimes takes 10-15 minutes. Um, no, $1.50 does NOT pay for my gas. Pisses me off big time. Fortunately, I'm not doing kennels over the summer because I'm working at the zoo every weekend. And yes, I'd rather work at the zoo for 16 hours than do kennels for an hour.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I think I've damaged Bs coat with a furminator. I have used one many times without issue but this time... :-/ sad
How come you don't use an undercoat rake? Even on Limit's extremely tight coat, it works super well.

I used to use a Furminator on my Labs with no issues but the undercoat rake is my go-to since I got a LC GSD.