RIP my sweet Phoebe

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I've been trying to think of a title for this post for the longest time. I just feel like if I post it, it will make it that more final. Even though it already is final.

Phoebe is gone.

My crazy, hilarious, gorgeous kitty is gone. She was 4 years old - just a baby.

Yesterday afternoon I came home from a soccer game and she was completely fine. She had been outside (which is normal for her - she absolutely thrived outside) and came inside... acting her normal, crazy self. Not even 30 minutes later, it was like she was completely paralyzed. She literally could only flick her tail (which was one of her favorite things to do:)). Her body was completely limp.

I thought she had gotten too hot outside, so I let her be thinking she would come out of it. However, she never did. I rushed her to the nearest emergency vet (which is an hour away), where she was taken back immediately. After a while the vet came and talked to me, she told me she was doing better, but was definitely still in critical condition.

She told me it was the weirdest thing. She said she was perfectly healthy - all the tests came back with nothing standing out at all. So for her to not be able to move was super weird.

I left her overnight there to be taken care of and I was really hoping I would get some good news today. Even though I knew I most likely would not - I had prepared myself for the worst.

When I woke up and saw the e-vet had tried to call me twice this morning, once at 1:45 and the next at around 2, I immediately knew. I called them at 6 this morning and was told Phoebe had passed away at 2 am this morning. She had made a turn for the worst when they called me the first time and wanted to ask if I wanted to help her along. However, she passed on her own not even 10 minutes later.

The vet told me she said she found two puncture wounds on her paw pad and that it was a little swollen. So she is 90% sure she was bitten by a Coral snake. There was nothing they could do for her, as there is no anti-venom for Coral snake bites. I do know they tried their best to keep her alive and for that I'm so thankful.

I miss her so much. My house is so quiet without her running around getting in trouble. I just want her back, but I know it won't happen.

I don't think Harleigh realizes that she isn't coming back. They were BFF's, so I know she will miss her.

RIP my sweet Phoebe. Life won't be the same without you.

Phoebe and Har by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Phoebe by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

IMG_7219 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

IMG_6807-1 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

Cuddling,then/now by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

IMG_6263 by AdventuresOfACrazyLab, on Flickr

thehoundgirl

Oh no! :( I remember Phoebe from the other forum you post on. I thought she was one of the most stunning cats I have ever seen. I'm so sorry, Nikki. :( Hugs.

Equinox

oh goodness, I'm so sorry :( My heart fell when I saw this, I remember Phoebe well and loved seeing her through your photos and hearing all those crazy stories about her. She seemed like the coolest cat, and she was absolutely gorgeous.

RIP little girl <3

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I am so so so sorry Nikki. :( (((((((hugs))))))) My heart aches for you!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Oh no, I'm so sorry!!! I absolutely adored Phoebe. She was a carbon copy of my kitty, Josie that my parents rehomed when we moved. I miss her so much and seeing and I loved hearing about Phoebe because she reminded me of Josie so much.

I can't imagine your pain and I hope you will be okay. Rest in peace, Phoebe.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry. Phoebe was so beautiful. Try to remember all the love you shared.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am very sorry. Losing a loved one in the prime I think is hardest of all. She was a beautiful cat.

Members online

No members online now.