Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

Default How much exercise to TRULY tire your dog out?

When is your dog just... really pooped out?

I can take Jackson on a short 30 minute walk and it will 'satisfy' him to the point that he will come home and lay down if I tell him to, but he's not truly 'tired'.

I mean, today we spent 3 1/2 hours at the park today (which we usually don't do that long) and walked about 4 miles and spent the rest of the time in the dog park. Got home around 4. After dinner, my step-dad had a fire going outside so I had Jackson out playing long distance fetch with the chuck-it and just running around for over an hour. Just came inside like 45 mins ago and he started whining at the toy box. Seriously, dog? I told him to go lay down which he did, but jeez, you'd think he'd automatically be tired.

The main time I see him TRULY just exhausted is at my dads house in the summer, where we often will spend 5+ hours outside and he's constantly in and out of the pool swimming, jumping, and running around in the yard in the heat. Those are the only days I see him come inside truly tuckered out.

On an average day, we'll often do a 2 mile walk or a session of fetch in the yard up-hill. It is enough for him to be content but it definitely doesn't exhaust him at all.

So what is your dogs 'exhaustion' point, if they have any? LOL