Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm All Ears

Default Summer advice- what would you do?

So this dog is determined to be the death of me.

Recap:

- Friday she was fine until about 11 pm when she was screaming at the touch and shivering all day long.
- Saturday morning- went to the vets and they decided they thought it was a pulled muscle in her neck. They gave me muscle relaxers and pain medication and said she should be looking better by monday but fully better by a week.
- Monday- Summer is fine and almost 100% of her usual self. She's eating and drinking, being active. Monday night she sounds congested so I gave her a dose of her allergy medicine.
- Tuesday morning Summer throws up. Tuesday during the morning she has a mess of diarrhea and puke that I clean up at lunch. I get her to eat some Ziwipeak but she is refusing her food.
- Tuesday afternoon she gets sick again (pure liquid stools).
- Tuesday night she is refusing dinner but does take some Ziwipeak. she is not going crazy for it like usual.
- Wednesday morning she is alert and active right after waking up but she refuses food- including ziwipeak. She is drinking. No throwing up or soft stools this time.

She hasn't been acting painful at all like she was Friday. I am wondering if it's just been too much medicine and it's upset her stomach? The longer she is off food, the more I worry.

What would you do?