Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Chazhound Dog Meets

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Sass, I'm pretty sure Siri would die of the happy if she met Squash. At the park she would single out the largest dogs and try and play with them. She looooooved the big dogs.

This does not need to wait until August though, hint hint.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Top Dog

We could carpool and either drag boys along or leave them here to take care of remaining animals?!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I know Ryan would probably want to go, which means Fromo would go to lanesboro, lol.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton is still working on getting his PhD in Jerkface so nobody needs to worry about their dogs being the worst. I'm considering getting a hotel room just in case I need to leave, ditch Payton in the hotel, and come back with just Auggie...

I might bring Pepper but she will not want to play with any dogs and probably not want to talk to any people.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Sass, I'm pretty sure Siri would die of the happy if she met Squash. At the park she would single out the largest dogs and try and play with them. She looooooved the big dogs.

This does not need to wait until August though, hint hint.
Ha! My yard is iced out and the new mulch is in. But my house is still a disaster.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Twin 2

Ok, so because it seems like a larger amount of people might be coming we will have to figure out dog park passes. Normally I have a couple extra that I let people use but I won't have enough.

This means the best thing for us to do is get a daily pass for each dog coming. Each pass will cost 20 dollars (Per dog I believe but I'm going to contact them and see if there is any discount on multiple dogs), which is totally worth it if you're sure you're coming. All the dog needs is a valid rabies tag number (pm me if you want to go and your dog doesn't have a current rabies tag number)

I can go to the Forest Preserve building a week before and get everyone passes but I think the best way to do it would be for you all to fill out the paperwork and mail that with a check made out to the 'Forest Preserve District of DuPage County' for $20.00 and I can get all the passes.

So, anyone that wants the paperwork to fill out and is pretty sure they're going to go pm me and I'll send it to you along with my mailing address. You don't have to do it right away, I'll plan on going there like a week before the meet up so you have time to decide!

Last edited by Linds; 05-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
FIRST ANNUAL GIANT CHAZZER MIDWEST MEET UP!!!!!

When: Saturday, August 24, 2013; 1 PMish

Where: East Branch Dog Park, Glendale Heights, IL area.

How: By whatever means necessary! Fly, drive, train. Just be there.

Ideas of places to stay overnight, in case you so desire (which I'd recommend, just from my last experience with the dog park. It's so great you never want to leave and it's nice to stay close and crash immediately).

Blackwell Forest Preserve: If you are into the camping thing. We could even meet there, or go there after our dog park excursion, I would presume. There's an off leash dog area and you can reserve pavilions. We could do a cookout. It's an option and where I am 99% sure I'll be staying

Couple hotel ideas (there's probably more or better/closer hotel options but I don't have the time to research that )
La Quina to the north in Schaumburg. Red Roof Inn, Downers Grove (where PW & I stayed) to the south 25 minutes

Mark the date on the calendar! Ya wouldn't want to miss it!!
I don't see why Rider and I couldn't be there... Would you be interested in carpooling Ashley? I'd love to stay at the nature preserve as well!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Top Dog

I would love to go! I wouldn't be bringing a dog, neither are great travelers.

Sara/Megan/Lauren - would anyone want to carpool? I would gladly cover gas if someone else will drive!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Ok, so because it seems like a larger amount of people might be coming we will have to figure out dog park passes. Normally I have a couple extra that I let people use but I won't have enough.

This means the best thing for us to do is get a daily pass for each dog coming. Each pass will cost 20 dollars (Per dog I believe but I'm going to contact them and see if there is any discount on multiple dogs), which is totally worth it if you're sure you're coming. All the dog needs is a valid rabies tag number (pm me if you want to go and your dog doesn't have a current rabies tag number)

I can go to the Forest Preserve building a week before and get everyone passes but I think the best way to do it would be for you all to fill out the paperwork and mail that with a check made out to the 'Forest Preserve District of DuPage County' for $20.00 and I can get all the passes.

So, anyone that wants the paperwork to fill out and is pretty sure they're going to go pm me and I'll send it to you along with my mailing address. You don't have to do it right away, I'll plan on going there like a week before the meet up so you have time to decide!
I think I should just go ahead and get Siri a real, legit pass. I don't think we've seen the last of that park by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
I would love to go! I wouldn't be bringing a dog, neither are great travelers.

Sara/Megan/Lauren - would anyone want to carpool? I would gladly cover gas if someone else will drive!
You can ride with me!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I think I should just go ahead and get Siri a real, legit pass. I don't think we've seen the last of that park by far

You can ride with me!
Sounds good! This is so exciting!