Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Twin 2.0

Caffeine addiction is real and so is addiction to aspertame and all the other junk they put into soda. It's no accident.

I used to be surgically attached to Dr. Pepper. It was BAD. If I tried to go part of a day without one, I get all headachey, grumpy and just super tired. I finally weaned myself off that...and went to coffee. It's healthier. I had a can of DP last night because I was still at the dealership at 11pm and was super tired and had about 1.6 gallons off coffee througout the day and it just tasted...ugh. Too chemically.

Now I just have to try and kick this growing Go Fast addiction I've picked up. I console myself with the fact that it's locally made and doesn't have HFCS in it.

But in your case Fran, try to wean sideways to something that is more natural, no aspertame. There are a variety of "natural" sodas out there, including caffinated ones. I think just getting all the artificial sweeteners out of your system would do you a world of good.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post

I miss it though. I saw vanilla coke at wal mart last weekend and wanted it so bad!!!
They don't sell it in Canada anymore. Im taking orders from my friends here for when I drive down to Montana this fall. We are buy a ridiculous amount of it and bringing it up. lol

I will end up being questioned in customs for bringing over 30+ cases of pop

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Top Dog

I have a friend who brought me back a case of diet cherry coke zero, and diet cherry Pepsi a couple weeks ago, lol.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

I am almost completely off of soda right now, although I let myself have a coke every few weeks. Right now, I am hooked on tea, Izze (no sugar added, but it is juice so there is some sugar in it) and arnold palmers. LOL

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Hahah well there is sugar addiction, which is actually very similar to cocaine or heroin addictions because it stimulates the same part of the brain

I have no help for you though because I have had a strong love for Dr. Pepper for the last 10 years or so. Nothing makes me more disappointed than wanting a DP, only to find out that we have none in the house. And yep, I have went and made special trips to buy some because I NEED IT NOW.

The difference is that I have no desire to break up with the Dr.
Same with me, Got.To.Have.That Dr.P. That ranks right up there with the mornings coffee.
Fran I wish I had words of advice on how to stop but umm well I'm still drinking my pop. I don't know if it would help but could you get the caffeine free version. Not sure if that would be better or what.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Original Twin

Fran! You live in Boston, get yourself some Polar seltzer. No calories, naturally flavored and no oogy chemicals. The mint mojito one is super good and it might be out now since its seasonal.