Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 PM
PSD Partner

Default Picnic Suggestions Welcome

Ok the next visit with my daughter is this week. We are doing a picnic in the park for 3 hours. We are all excited because this will be the first time Sheena and my daughter have seen each other in 4yrs and she is anxious to see if Sheena remembers her. She does look around the room for her when she calls her while we are Skyping. But I have warned her there is a good chance she might not remember her. Anyway here is the thing. I am providing the food for it. So I am looking for ideas. I was thinking the classic potato salad, deviled eggs, pork bites, and a deli type crossant sandwich. But I am open to change that if I get some other ideas. Plus I am trying to wrack my brain to what to bring as the desserts. Not really wanting to do the usual chips and pop type thing. So drinks and desserts ideas would be great. So thought asking here might help me with some ideas.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

Lemonade or iced tea would be good for drinks, and for picnic dessert we almost always do strawberries and whipped cream (include some angel food cake if you want it to be like strawberry shortcake).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Oooooooh I have the best picnic sandwich idea. I've made this before, and it is YUMMMMMMM.

Make a picnic loaf! Here is the one I made.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/fo...ed-picnic-loaf

But you can basically put anything in there!!! Just get a crusty loaf, hollow it out, put some olive oil in it, layer it up, then wrap tightly in cling film, and out in the fridge with weight on top (I used a chopping board with tins on top).

Slice it up. It went down a storm when I made it!

Think I made mine with a tiger bread loaf mmmmm.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Lemonade and a Strawberry Poke Cake.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
PSD Partner

I think I have the desserts figured out. Here is what I am considering making:

http://relish.com/recipes/browned-bu...late-blondies/

http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od...echcookies.htm

It is a two hour drive so the food has to stay good in the coolers for at least 3 hours prior to getting there(just in case of stops for Nico to be fed) and also for the 3 hours we will be picnicing and enjoying it.