Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

What DD has said is no more arrogant or disrespectful then what others have said in other threads. I have PCOS. I have been on fertility drugs and TTC with my husband for 2 years now. Our next step this summer is IVF. If we succeed, I will be breast feeding in public. Obviously, her stance in regards to pregnancy, children and breastfeeding is unbelievably wrong to someone like me.

But it's still just an opinion and not one that I think insights bullying anymore then anyone else on this forum that's posted an offensive or insensitive opinion. Nowhere that I have seen on this thread or any others has she singled out any one individual and verbally assaulted them like you guys have done her.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Your opinions have been hurtful, many times over. If you want people to not call you out in a blunt fashion you should really rethink your words and audience. Calling people disgusting and telling them to go nurse in the bathroom or calling people selfish for putting humans ahead of dogs (while you had a post considering placing a dog because you didn't think you could stand not yelling around it) is not civil, polite, nor in any attempt offering a calm debate. You dive to insults and masquerade them as opinions only to present a disgruntled victims role when people call you out on it.

Rethink the way you present things then maybe you too can join in on heated, yet civil, debates.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Honestly, some of these "dramas" are just small fry.

You should have seen some of the 'conversations' between me and Puck back in the day. HA! Just ask Sparks

Chaz is a lot less dramatic than it used to be. But a lot more..... bitchy bitchy snide.

A lot of that is probably because of social networking. But that's just my theory. I doubt very very very much that people would talk to each other like they do on here if you got them all in a room together. I actually believe most people would find an awful lot in common and like one another.

People are just people. All different. Some are fun, some are dull, some are controversial. I am a lover, I just honestly have no time for people being intentionally mean or making someone feel bad. It hurts my insides. I think it's a horrid quality in a person. It's pointless, and negative, and I like positive stuff. Like rainbows and sparkles.

If I thought djdfhdjnsfka (her name is just too long) was out to insult and hurt people I'd have a very different opinion on her posts. I think they are just her opinions, and they are pretty harmless. They don't advocate racism, or hate crimes. They're pretty tame.

So, so what if I always support the underdog. Like I said before, I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of

And it's also a British thing
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Like rainbows and sparkles.
Charlotte shits rainbows and sparkles

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post

And Shakou - to answer your question, I think except a couple, most are in their early 20's.
Actually, there are *maybe* 5 people who have posted in this thread that are in their early 20's. Only 3 of which (maybe 2, I'm not sure on one) added to the drama. The ones that were mainly talking about it, were all older, like yourself. (err.. agewise, that is)

ETA: Oh, wait, make that 6 people! I didn't see one of them who posted on the first page.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Glutton for Crazy

And I find myself unable to stand the cruelty on a different level, we're all trying out best to do what's right in our eyes. I find this poster to be extremely hurtful an purposefully rude. They enjoy the rouse and go to extremes (pointed enjoyment when people dislike tattoos, to the point of "that's why I got them") such as posting in children based topics when they know their post will be purposefully hurtful to those with children.

To be honest I implore them to continue if only for learning more about not only more palatable ways of communication but also better training methods which have been yet another source of heated debate for them.

I don't think their opinions are entirely invalid, I think they need to learn a better way of presenting them and I encourage an open and more pleasant mindset but that comes with patience, trust and respect, you need to give it to get it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Rethink the way you present things then maybe you too can join in on heated, yet civil, debates.
This is the issue.

Not her opinions or differing opinions. The fact that she is trying to incite riots with the way she conveys them. She is baiting, plain and simple. Instead of saying she wouldn't euth the dog and would simply choose not to have kids if she were in the position Amber is in while being respectful of everyone's opinions, she called her selfish for wanting kids and told her it wasn't fair to the dog. And repeated it until someone told her off. This is what she does.

It's like that person we all know who just cannot have a conversation with you without it being all about their opinion and any other opinion is terrible in their eyes. And you can only bite your tongue for so long before calling them an asshole and telling them to stuff it.

I'm no advocate for bullying, and have been on the receiving end many times in real life or for thing like this on forums, but sometimes people need to hear it, and maybe when they realize everyone hates them, they will change, or find a new circle of friends just like them. I know I've needed to hear some of the things said to me here to realize I was wrong about things or coming across stupid/assholeish without meaning to.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
Charlotte shits rainbows and sparkles
I know this has nothing to do with anything ... but I like your dog & her name so much that I made her a character in one of my fan fiction stories LOL ... I hope that was ok, FWIW I made her pretty bad ass. Only she doesnt **** rainbows & sparkles though

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Club Terrible - President

Brain tumor was why I mentioned a full medical workup... I used to work with a dog who was somewhat similar to Bamm, and that ended up being the problem with her. Her name was Shyla... loved that dog. Nobody thought to check for it until it was too late to do anything (not that I'm positive anything could have been done in the first place), so she had to be euth'd. Hopefully if that is the case with Bamm, something can be done.

ETA, very much in agreement with Adrianne.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

I'm not disagreeing that the way she worded things were insensitive. But two wrongs don't make a right. Ganging up on her and making personal attacks against someone is no better, perhaps even worse.