Baby Steps Brag (with pics!)

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
Yesterday, my Rottie foster fail, Kaia, got her CGC! I know that it's a very small achievement, but for her, it was huge.

We started 6 weeks ago with her belly crawling through the front door and avoiding all contact with her trainer & class assistant. She was so timid! She warmed up to the trainer a little bit over the course of the classes, but remained very wary of the assistant. But yesterday, we ended our class with Kaia approaching them both (at different times) wagging her tail! I am going to chalk this up to progress and take the small victories as they come.

We start a distraction proofing class next week, then we'll do a CGC "out on the town" class. I am hoping that she comes around, as I had very high hopes of competing with her, and most of all... her being a therapy dog. That is one thing I miss the most about Clyde. We loved therapy work. :( The place we use also does tracking, nosework, agility, treibball, acting/tricks, etc. It's not a place I can go for competition OB or Rally, but it's a place to at least work around other people & dogs until I can figure something else out.

I started a FB page for her if anyone wants to follow. It's pretty boring, but sometimes I post cute pictures and funny stories.

I also want to get a PAL for her, in case we are ever to a point that we can compete in OB & Rally. Clyde was JBG's It's Clobberin' Time, and I wanted to do JBG's _____ of RHR (RHR is the rescue we adopted her from) for her. I was thinking JBG's Girl on Fire of RHR, but I am open to any & all suggestions, so throw 'em out there!

Here are a couple of photos of her from yesterday after our test:

I call this one, "Kaia, stay!" :)

Remember to stop and smell the... irises?

DJEtzel

That is awesome news, congrats to you both! I know you were really looking forward to all of this! When Frag finally got his CGC I was so happy I cried; I think it's a lot more special when you've had to put so much more work into them to overcome issues.

Also, I like the PAL name that you proposed for her a lot! I'm terrible at being creative for names that I can make up like that. Lol

CaliTerp07

Congratulations! It may be no big deal for some dogs, but for those of us who have...special...critters, a CGC is a HUGE accomplishment! (I know Lucy will never be able to get it, for several reasons).

Way to go!!!

SaraB

Congrats!!

I LOVE the idea of putting the rescue initials in the PAL name. I wish I would've done that with Zuma. What a great idea!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Congratulations! :D

She is such an adorable girl. Rottweilers have a huuuge place in my heart. <3

Equinox

This makes my heart so happy <3 Goodness I love Kaia, and you've done wonders for her already. Congratulations!!

Members online

No members online now.