Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well I highly doubt anyone wants to be in anyone else's box.

But... we've all constructed our own boxes through our own behavior, so we must be getting something out of being in them. "Behavior that is rewarded is repeated" applies to people, too, so if our predictably repeated behavior puts any one of us in a particular box then we must be deriving some kind of reward out of it. Whether it's feeling a sense of community, or letting off steam, or feeling like you helped someone, or feeling superior to others, or being the lone voice in the wilderness, or getting attention... whatever. *shrug*
Click, treat.
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 AM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,593
Default

Oh I don't find food motivating. I'm a bickerer.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,457
Default

To be fair, and as the recipient of a few "six way pokes" myself, dogdragoness tends to provoke it... A lot. If no one responds to her, she will keep posting until someone does. I've seen a few threads where she posts all by herself for a few pages, repeating the so,w thing, before anyone responds out of pure frustration. Not trying to gang up here, just an observation.
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Seriously.... People will only reply if you keep goading them.

We get it, there's people who don't like dogdragoness. And who have to get into a debate with her on every thread, make personal remarks about her mental health etc etc. We get it.

You don't like her opinions, we get it.

Why do people insist on responding to them? People call her dramatic but if they didn't respond there would be no drama.

I don't see this as being one sided, I see it as people using her to destress and bicker.

Of course she's going to respond. And I still dont get how her opinions make any difference to anyone else's lives here????? Who cares if you disagree,her opinions aren't going to crawl down your chimney and bite you.

Dogdragoness, you're entitled to your opinions, even if they are a bit radical. If people never had different or controversal opinions the world would be disgusting stagnant sludge. Keep sharing, makes life a bit more interesting.

Debating doesn't need to get mean. It can stay civil. But people poke poke poke waiting and trying to get her to say more and more, then get astounded when she does... Weird.
Good post.

I guess I don't see someone having radical opinions as an excuse to go all mean girls on them. There are some posters that seem to just wait for her to post something, just itching to respond. Then others who seem to delight in ganging up on her, taking jabs at her supposed mental state (all from info garnered from internet posts by "experts" in psychology no doubt), suggesting posting a poll to "vote" her off the board. And she's the one with the problem? Really?
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well I highly doubt anyone wants to be in anyone else's box.

But... we've all constructed our own boxes through our own behavior, so we must be getting something out of being in them. "Behavior that is rewarded is repeated" applies to people, too, so if our predictably repeated behavior puts any one of us in a particular box then we must be deriving some kind of reward out of it. Whether it's feeling a sense of community, or letting off steam, or feeling like you helped someone, or feeling superior to others, or being the lone voice in the wilderness, or getting attention... whatever. *shrug*
I certianly dont do it to get a rise out of people, though it may seem that way. So I guess I am "the lone voice in the wilderness" but thats ok ... I am ok with that, In fact I prefer it. No bitching here about it.

There was far too much "just put the dog down" going around for my taste when there might be some kind of underlying medical issue causing it. I know Skittledoo loves her dog & if it turned out that he had something wrong that could have been fixed with meds or even surgery I know it would have made her feel terrible & I for one know its terrible to live with "I should have done this, or that."

If I wanted to continue this (since its clear I have differing opinions from many people here & replying on top of replying isnt going to change anything & my opinion is my opinion ... both on society & everything else & I have no intention on changing it, I saw no point in throwing more gasoline on the fire by replying further.

I said that is all I will say regarding my character, my dogs & my mental state (which others brought up, not me i might add) & I havent mentioned it since.

I wasnt even the one who brought it up first :P
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
To be fair, and as the recipient of a few "six way pokes" myself, dogdragoness tends to provoke it... A lot. If no one responds to her, she will keep posting until someone does. I've seen a few threads where she posts all by herself for a few pages, repeating the so,w thing, before anyone responds out of pure frustration. Not trying to gang up here, just an observation.
If you can't ignore what she has to say, then block her if you dislike her that much.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Shakou's Avatar
Shakou Shakou is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I certianly dont do it to get a rise out of people, though it may seem that way. So I guess I am "the lone voice in the wilderness" but thats ok ... I am ok with that, In fact I prefer it. No bitching here about it.

There was far too much "just put the dog down" going around for my taste when there might be some kind of underlying medical issue causing it. I know Skittledoo loves her dog & if it turned out that he had something wrong that could have been fixed with meds or even surgery I know it would have made her feel terrible & I for one know its terrible to live with "I should have done this, or that."

If I wanted to continue this (since its clear I have differing opinions from many people here & replying on top of replying isnt going to change anything & my opinion is my opinion ... both on society & everything else & I have no intention on changing it, I saw no point in throwing more gasoline on the fire by replying further.

I said that is all I will say regarding my character, my dogs & my mental state (which others brought up, not me i might add) & I havent mentioned it since.

I wasnt even the one who brought it up first :P

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Honestly, about half the people on this forum are confrontational, immature A*holes that say stupid BS all the time, yet they are allowed to do so, no matter how disrespectful and rude it is. I find it funny that when someone outside of their little clique comes along and offers a different point of view that they don't like, rather then either A. answering maturely or B. ignoring them like I've done so many times, they have to rip them apart like a pack of wild dogs in any way that they can, going so far as to make personal attacks against that persons character and even dragging their dogs into it at times, as a way to further add fuel to the fire.

It's like being in high school all over again, and really makes me wonder just how old some of these people really are.
__________________

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb

Last edited by Shakou; 05-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:48 AM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Honestly, about half the people on this forum are confrontational, immature A*holes that say stupid BS all the time, yet they are allowed to do so, no matter how disrespectful and rude it is. I find it funny that when someone outside of their little clique comes along and offers a different point of view that they don't like, rather then either A. answering maturely or B. ignoring them like I've done so many times, they have to rip them apart like a pack of wild dogs in any way that they can, going so far as to make personal attacks against that persons character and even dragging their dogs into it at times, as a way to further add fuel to the fire.

It's like being in high school all over again, and really makes me wonder just how old some of these people really are.
Ok, I haven't read the whole thread (I've been on vacation, and was traveling yesterday when I believe it went way out of proportion?) but really, this post is doing exactly what you are "complaining", for lack of a better word, what other people are doing. So I wouldn't be so quick to put yourself up on a pedestal.






Amber, I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'd definitely have him have a complete work up at the vet, including scans for a brain tumor, sooner rather than later. I'd agree though, I would never give him the chance to be around a kid -- yours or not. Too much can go wrong too quickly, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to live with that.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
If you can't ignore what she has to say, then block her if you dislike her that much.
I don't dislike her. Notice I don't jump into these hardly ever. Was just making an observation that's its not some unprovoked clusterf*ck.
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Honestly, about half the people on this forum are confrontational, immature A*holes that say stupid BS all the time, yet they are allowed to do so, no matter how disrespectful and rude it is. I find it funny that when someone outside of their little clique comes along and offers a different point of view that they don't like, rather then either A. answering maturely or B. ignoring them like I've done so many times, they have to rip them apart like a pack of wild dogs in any way that they can, going so far as to make personal attacks against that persons character and even dragging their dogs into it at times, as a way to further add fuel to the fire.

It's like being in high school all over again, and really makes me wonder just how old some of these people really are.
Yes I have seen that (& not just with me) agree with us or get attacked! I just choose not to agree, i will not sway my opinions no matter how unpopular they are. Its funny that it only becomes "rude" "Hurtful" or "nasty" when its not in agreement with the popular opinion.

LOL I never even knew about the proposed poll to kick me off: rolleyes:. I dont let it bother me, they are just nameless people behind a computer, their opinion of me doesnt matter. I have a close circle of friends & family who love me & who I love & THATS all that matters.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site