Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well I highly doubt anyone wants to be in anyone else's box.

But... we've all constructed our own boxes through our own behavior, so we must be getting something out of being in them. "Behavior that is rewarded is repeated" applies to people, too, so if our predictably repeated behavior puts any one of us in a particular box then we must be deriving some kind of reward out of it. Whether it's feeling a sense of community, or letting off steam, or feeling like you helped someone, or feeling superior to others, or being the lone voice in the wilderness, or getting attention... whatever. *shrug*
Click, treat.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 AM
such sights to show you

Oh I don't find food motivating. I'm a bickerer.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

To be fair, and as the recipient of a few "six way pokes" myself, dogdragoness tends to provoke it... A lot. If no one responds to her, she will keep posting until someone does. I've seen a few threads where she posts all by herself for a few pages, repeating the so,w thing, before anyone responds out of pure frustration. Not trying to gang up here, just an observation.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Seriously.... People will only reply if you keep goading them.

We get it, there's people who don't like dogdragoness. And who have to get into a debate with her on every thread, make personal remarks about her mental health etc etc. We get it.

You don't like her opinions, we get it.

Why do people insist on responding to them? People call her dramatic but if they didn't respond there would be no drama.

I don't see this as being one sided, I see it as people using her to destress and bicker.

Of course she's going to respond. And I still dont get how her opinions make any difference to anyone else's lives here????? Who cares if you disagree,her opinions aren't going to crawl down your chimney and bite you.

Dogdragoness, you're entitled to your opinions, even if they are a bit radical. If people never had different or controversal opinions the world would be disgusting stagnant sludge. Keep sharing, makes life a bit more interesting.

Debating doesn't need to get mean. It can stay civil. But people poke poke poke waiting and trying to get her to say more and more, then get astounded when she does... Weird.
Good post.

I guess I don't see someone having radical opinions as an excuse to go all mean girls on them. There are some posters that seem to just wait for her to post something, just itching to respond. Then others who seem to delight in ganging up on her, taking jabs at her supposed mental state (all from info garnered from internet posts by "experts" in psychology no doubt), suggesting posting a poll to "vote" her off the board. And she's the one with the problem? Really?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Well I highly doubt anyone wants to be in anyone else's box.

But... we've all constructed our own boxes through our own behavior, so we must be getting something out of being in them. "Behavior that is rewarded is repeated" applies to people, too, so if our predictably repeated behavior puts any one of us in a particular box then we must be deriving some kind of reward out of it. Whether it's feeling a sense of community, or letting off steam, or feeling like you helped someone, or feeling superior to others, or being the lone voice in the wilderness, or getting attention... whatever. *shrug*
I certianly dont do it to get a rise out of people, though it may seem that way. So I guess I am "the lone voice in the wilderness" but thats ok ... I am ok with that, In fact I prefer it. No bitching here about it.

There was far too much "just put the dog down" going around for my taste when there might be some kind of underlying medical issue causing it. I know Skittledoo loves her dog & if it turned out that he had something wrong that could have been fixed with meds or even surgery I know it would have made her feel terrible & I for one know its terrible to live with "I should have done this, or that."

If I wanted to continue this (since its clear I have differing opinions from many people here & replying on top of replying isnt going to change anything & my opinion is my opinion ... both on society & everything else & I have no intention on changing it, I saw no point in throwing more gasoline on the fire by replying further.

I said that is all I will say regarding my character, my dogs & my mental state (which others brought up, not me i might add) & I havent mentioned it since.

I wasnt even the one who brought it up first :P

Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
To be fair, and as the recipient of a few "six way pokes" myself, dogdragoness tends to provoke it... A lot. If no one responds to her, she will keep posting until someone does. I've seen a few threads where she posts all by herself for a few pages, repeating the so,w thing, before anyone responds out of pure frustration. Not trying to gang up here, just an observation.
If you can't ignore what she has to say, then block her if you dislike her that much.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I certianly dont do it to get a rise out of people, though it may seem that way. So I guess I am "the lone voice in the wilderness" but thats ok ... I am ok with that, In fact I prefer it. No bitching here about it.

There was far too much "just put the dog down" going around for my taste when there might be some kind of underlying medical issue causing it. I know Skittledoo loves her dog & if it turned out that he had something wrong that could have been fixed with meds or even surgery I know it would have made her feel terrible & I for one know its terrible to live with "I should have done this, or that."

If I wanted to continue this (since its clear I have differing opinions from many people here & replying on top of replying isnt going to change anything & my opinion is my opinion ... both on society & everything else & I have no intention on changing it, I saw no point in throwing more gasoline on the fire by replying further.

I said that is all I will say regarding my character, my dogs & my mental state (which others brought up, not me i might add) & I havent mentioned it since.

I wasnt even the one who brought it up first :P

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Honestly, about half the people on this forum are confrontational, immature A*holes that say stupid BS all the time, yet they are allowed to do so, no matter how disrespectful and rude it is. I find it funny that when someone outside of their little clique comes along and offers a different point of view that they don't like, rather then either A. answering maturely or B. ignoring them like I've done so many times, they have to rip them apart like a pack of wild dogs in any way that they can, going so far as to make personal attacks against that persons character and even dragging their dogs into it at times, as a way to further add fuel to the fire.

It's like being in high school all over again, and really makes me wonder just how old some of these people really are.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb

Last edited by Shakou; 05-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Honestly, about half the people on this forum are confrontational, immature A*holes that say stupid BS all the time, yet they are allowed to do so, no matter how disrespectful and rude it is. I find it funny that when someone outside of their little clique comes along and offers a different point of view that they don't like, rather then either A. answering maturely or B. ignoring them like I've done so many times, they have to rip them apart like a pack of wild dogs in any way that they can, going so far as to make personal attacks against that persons character and even dragging their dogs into it at times, as a way to further add fuel to the fire.

It's like being in high school all over again, and really makes me wonder just how old some of these people really are.
Ok, I haven't read the whole thread (I've been on vacation, and was traveling yesterday when I believe it went way out of proportion?) but really, this post is doing exactly what you are "complaining", for lack of a better word, what other people are doing. So I wouldn't be so quick to put yourself up on a pedestal.

Amber, I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'd definitely have him have a complete work up at the vet, including scans for a brain tumor, sooner rather than later. I'd agree though, I would never give him the chance to be around a kid -- yours or not. Too much can go wrong too quickly, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to live with that.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
If you can't ignore what she has to say, then block her if you dislike her that much.
I don't dislike her. Notice I don't jump into these hardly ever. Was just making an observation that's its not some unprovoked clusterf*ck.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:

Yes I have seen that (& not just with me) agree with us or get attacked! I just choose not to agree, i will not sway my opinions no matter how unpopular they are. Its funny that it only becomes "rude" "Hurtful" or "nasty" when its not in agreement with the popular opinion.

LOL I never even knew about the proposed poll to kick me off: rolleyes:. I dont let it bother me, they are just nameless people behind a computer, their opinion of me doesnt matter. I have a close circle of friends & family who love me & who I love & THATS all that matters.