Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
My personal thoughts on your opinions regarding pregnancy and children aside, from what I can tell you take good care of your dogs, and so long as you continue to take good care of your dogs, your issues are no one elses business. I'm a little repulsed at the immature personal attacks and threats the people on this forum have initiated on you, simply because they don't like what you have to say.
Yes it does hurt a little when they say "dogs take nastiness in stride" & "you shouldn't have dogs". Lol as I type this, my 4 are enjoying a nice treat of raw bones

They even brought up the petsmart thread I posted in asking of anyone had any experience working for the company ... Which I did & got attacked for it lol. All I said in that thread was that I wished they had a designated expert for every are (one for fish, small animals ... Etc). Of course I worked there a long time ago so that might have changed.

But people have their opinions & no one likes it when someone comes & challenges it, but they are right, this thread is about skittle & her dog not me & mine & I didn't mean to make it about me ... I just got caught up in everything that went down.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
My personal thoughts on your opinions regarding pregnancy and children aside, from what I can tell you take good care of your dogs, and so long as you continue to take good care of your dogs, your issues are no one elses business. I'm a little repulsed at the immature personal attacks and threats the people on this forum have initiated on you, simply because they don't like what you have to say.
This.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Dogdragoness, you've once again read into my post what you wanted to read for the sake of creating more hateful dramatics in your world, once again you create this world you live in.

What I said was Dogs take nastiness in stride, this is why they are probably extremely complimentary for you because whether or not you are nasty with your dogs they'll stick around where as people either fight back or turn their backs on your comments and treatments.

I'm fairly uninterested in how your dogs are treated, to be honest I can never tell if you have one dog named Izzie or more or less.

Amber, I'm sorry Bamm isn't doing well tonight. I hope a vet appointment can help shine some light on the situation.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:08 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Dogdragoness, you've once again read into my post what you wanted to read for the sake of creating more hateful dramatics in your world, once again you create this world you live in.

What I said was Dogs take nastiness in stride, this is why they are probably extremely complimentary for you because whether or not you are nasty with your dogs they'll stick around where as people either fight back or turn their backs on your comments and treatments.

I'm fairly uninterested in how your dogs are treated, to be honest I can never tell if you have one dog named Izzie or more or less.

Amber, I'm sorry Bamm isn't doing well tonight. I hope a vet appointment can help shine some light on the situation.
Once again you are implying that I am nasty to my dogs, which I assure you I am not. It's funny that out of all for forums I am on I only have problems with people on THIS one.

I can assure you that I treat my dogs better then most people treat their kids & that is all I will say regarding me & my dogs which that is not what this thread is about.

Skittle I would request blood work & a neurological exam just to be safe ... Something has to be going on in there & who knows it may be as simple as a chemical imbalance or something he is deficient in.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Nope, no implication, merely commentary about how easy dogs are to get along with and how human beings take work.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Seriously.... People will only reply if you keep goading them.

We get it, there's people who don't like dogdragoness. And who have to get into a debate with her on every thread, make personal remarks about her mental health etc etc. We get it.

You don't like her opinions, we get it.

Why do people insist on responding to them? People call her dramatic but if they didn't respond there would be no drama.

I don't see this as being one sided, I see it as people using her to destress and bicker.

Of course she's going to respond. And I still dont get how her opinions make any difference to anyone else's lives here????? Who cares if you disagree,her opinions aren't going to crawl down your chimney and bite you.

Dogdragoness, you're entitled to your opinions, even if they are a bit radical. If people never had different or controversal opinions the world would be disgusting stagnant sludge. Keep sharing, makes life a bit more interesting.

Debating doesn't need to get mean. It can stay civil. But people poke poke poke waiting and trying to get her to say more and more, then get astounded when she does... Weird.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-12-2013, 08:23 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Why do people insist on responding to them?
Why do people insist on responding to the responders? As if their opinions/statements make any difference to the lives of anyone here??

It's the pattern all over internet forums everyday... Initial Post > Usual Suspects Support > Usual Suspects Derail > Usual Suspects Call Out/Bicker > Usual Suspects Complain About Bickering/White Knight.

Anyone at any time could choose not to respond, and yet everyone does. Because forums are a place where people... talk about stuff. It wouldn't be much of a forum if people didn't. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, then everyone else is entitled to their opinions about those opinions. And everyone is free to read/not read or respond/not respond at any time.

The final step is ALWAYS people telling other people to not read/respond as if they weren't doing the exact same thing themselves, which I think is... weird. Why anyone is surprised by the pattern when it's exactly the same every time sort of surprises me. Personally I find it a fascinating part of human nature.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 AM
such sights to show you

Oh and to answer your question, I personally respond because I have a big fat mouth. Also because I'm just a terrible person. *shrug*

Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Why do people insist on responding to the responders? As if their opinions/statements make any difference to the lives of anyone here??

It's the pattern all over internet forums everyday... Initial Post > Usual Suspects Support > Usual Suspects Derail > Usual Suspects Call Out/Bicker > Usual Suspects Complain About Bickering/White Knight.

Anyone at any time could choose not to respond, and yet everyone does. Because forums are a place where people... talk about stuff. It wouldn't be much of a forum if people didn't. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, then everyone else is entitled to their opinions about those opinions. And everyone is free to read/not read or respond/not respond at any time.

The final step is ALWAYS people telling other people to not read/respond as if they weren't doing the exact same thing themselves, which I think is... weird. Why anyone is surprised by the pattern when it's exactly the same every time sort of surprises me. Personally I find it a fascinating part of human nature.
Poke the beast and it will bite

Talking is generally a two way dialogue... not a six way poke at one person.

And hey, if you want to put me in the "complains about bickering/white knight" box then FEEL FREE. I have NO issues with that!

I'd rather be that than the person constantly having to remind people how sh!t they are, or saying they shouldn't own pets, or making judgements on others characters.

Guess none of us will ever change eh

I will be happy in my box, and I am sure others are happy in theirs. Although I doubt anyone wants to be the one in dogdragoness's box.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 AM
such sights to show you

Well I highly doubt anyone wants to be in anyone else's box.

But... we've all constructed our own boxes through our own behavior, so we must be getting something out of being in them. "Behavior that is rewarded is repeated" applies to people, too, so if our predictably repeated behavior puts any one of us in a particular box then we must be deriving some kind of reward out of it. Whether it's feeling a sense of community, or letting off steam, or feeling like you helped someone, or feeling superior to others, or being the lone voice in the wilderness, or getting attention... whatever. *shrug*