Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I would like to sign Sloan up for agility but I need to get a few runs in locally and am still SAPing contacting the trainer with full courses here.
You are being silly, she's probably very nice. Email her!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Today on our walk we worked on down/stay exercises. Siri, or course, nailed them all. Frodo, of course, was like "Ugh, but it's WARM and OUTSIDE and WHY DO I HAVE TO LIE DOWN?!" but he did them anyway since I was the one with the food

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm All Ears

Starting Summer on odor tonight. Should be.... Interesting.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Starting Summer on odor tonight. Should be.... Interesting.
How'd it go?

Because I wasn't sure that this needed its own thread I shall share this here.

We had a great time again with the new club we're trying out. There were more people out this time and we met the helper. We really liked the helper and he was super animated and engaging, he wasn't harsh with pressure but he gave a great fight which our dogs loved. He was impressed with Backups obed routine and confused by the way I speak of him, maybe I should stop badmouthing my dog so much. LOL They said he was flashy and wondered why I don't have my BH yet.

Sloan did well and they pushed Denis to go back to a play out play game with some no-fight corrections. It was exhausting but it seemed to help. When bitework came they were blown away by Sloan this time. She was rather quiet last time because we took her out on a fursaver and I think she choked herself out, we don't allow pulling on the collar so she was gasping for air while trying to bark and dirty bite, chaos is her style lately. This time she was on a harness and was loud and continuous. She took the helper off guard and almost knocked him over, hence tasmanian devil bitch, I don't think he expected her to hit that hard. She was frantic though and they want to work on calming her, she can't think at this state. They love her drive but she needs a lot of control right now.

When Backup came out he looked great. Nice calm bites, steady barks, great blind cornering into a solid h/b. He was a bit careful on the courage test though, he went slightly wide instead of a straight line, he didn't lose speed and hit hard but they want him a bit straighter. He's a very herdy-circley dog so curving lines are his style but it comes across and may have something to do with insecurities. I wouldn't be shocked, this is only the second person he's ever taken a bite from besides Denis and Gary who started him and the first was just a few post and leash h/b bites, nothing with pressure. They said he was "almost perfect".

All around we're super proud and excited that after about 9 months off training, aside from a bit of dappling by ourselves recently, they're really doing well. Good puppies!

My long update but we're over all very happy with them.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
How'd it go?

Because I wasn't sure that this needed its own thread I shall share this here.

We had a great time again with the new club we're trying out. There were more people out this time and we met the helper. We really liked the helper and he was super animated and engaging, he wasn't harsh with pressure but he gave a great fight which our dogs loved. He was impressed with Backups obed routine and confused by the way I speak of him, maybe I should stop badmouthing my dog so much. LOL They said he was flashy and wondered why I don't have my BH yet.

Sloan did well and they pushed Denis to go back to a play out play game with some no-fight corrections. It was exhausting but it seemed to help. When bitework came they were blown away by Sloan this time. She was rather quiet last time because we took her out on a fursaver and I think she choked herself out, we don't allow pulling on the collar so she was gasping for air while trying to bark and dirty bite, chaos is her style lately. This time she was on a harness and was loud and continuous. She took the helper off guard and almost knocked him over, hence tasmanian devil bitch, I don't think he expected her to hit that hard. She was frantic though and they want to work on calming her, she can't think at this state. They love her drive but she needs a lot of control right now.

When Backup came out he looked great. Nice calm bites, steady barks, great blind cornering into a solid h/b. He was a bit careful on the courage test though, he went slightly wide instead of a straight line, he didn't lose speed and hit hard but they want him a bit straighter. He's a very herdy-circley dog so curving lines are his style but it comes across and may have something to do with insecurities. I wouldn't be shocked, this is only the second person he's ever taken a bite from besides Denis and Gary who started him and the first was just a few post and leash h/b bites, nothing with pressure. They said he was "almost perfect".

All around we're super proud and excited that after about 9 months off training, aside from a bit of dappling by ourselves recently, they're really doing well. Good puppies!

My long update but we're over all very happy with them.
That's awesome! I know EXACTLY how you feel, we felt the same thing when we found our current club to work Pan and Kastle at. It's such a good, happy feeling to know you have someplace again and can work on goals!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
dogstrong

Bloo and I have almost perfected jumping into my arms and a chest rebound. She's pretty badass.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
That's awesome! I know EXACTLY how you feel, we felt the same thing when we found our current club to work Pan and Kastle at. It's such a good, happy feeling to know you have someplace again and can work on goals!
Totally, I'm happy for you too as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Bloo and I have almost perfected jumping into my arms and a chest rebound. She's pretty badass.
You're nuts, how big is Baloo? I would so be afraid of that with a pit bull. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Diesel finished his first agility class, and starts the next level on Tuesday, I'm so excited, I have to get him more focused on me because he just does what he thinks I want him to do, lol, but he has fun and he has to think!

Bristol starts CGN class tomorrow, I'm hoping to get her trained to be a therapy dog.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Resident fainting goat

Merlin not being a jerk 101.

- Stop randomly peeing at the store! you KNOW better! You haven't peed inside since forever, WHYYY?? And it's not even marking, it's like HUGE just regular ridiculous peeing for no reason, even if he's been out! ugh!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Ahhh I REALLY want a jump into my arms with Payton! But he wasn't really game for it when we were trying to teach it a while back. I wonder if now that he's older and more confident with his jumping if he might do it now...

Payton jumped on top of a pile of sod my parents brought home. My mom was covering up her plants (it's supposed to get down to almost freezing tonight) and covered up this wagon she has... then late Payton out and he jumped on the wagon. On top of all her plants. Whoops. She blames me but I DIDN'T TEACH HIM TO DO THAT.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog