Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I would like to sign Sloan up for agility but I need to get a few runs in locally and am still SAPing contacting the trainer with full courses here.
You are being silly, she's probably very nice. Email her!
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,669
Default

Today on our walk we worked on down/stay exercises. Siri, or course, nailed them all. Frodo, of course, was like "Ugh, but it's WARM and OUTSIDE and WHY DO I HAVE TO LIE DOWN?!" but he did them anyway since I was the one with the food
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is online now
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,785
Default

Starting Summer on odor tonight. Should be.... Interesting.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Starting Summer on odor tonight. Should be.... Interesting.
How'd it go?

Because I wasn't sure that this needed its own thread I shall share this here.

We had a great time again with the new club we're trying out. There were more people out this time and we met the helper. We really liked the helper and he was super animated and engaging, he wasn't harsh with pressure but he gave a great fight which our dogs loved. He was impressed with Backups obed routine and confused by the way I speak of him, maybe I should stop badmouthing my dog so much. LOL They said he was flashy and wondered why I don't have my BH yet.

Sloan did well and they pushed Denis to go back to a play out play game with some no-fight corrections. It was exhausting but it seemed to help. When bitework came they were blown away by Sloan this time. She was rather quiet last time because we took her out on a fursaver and I think she choked herself out, we don't allow pulling on the collar so she was gasping for air while trying to bark and dirty bite, chaos is her style lately. This time she was on a harness and was loud and continuous. She took the helper off guard and almost knocked him over, hence tasmanian devil bitch, I don't think he expected her to hit that hard. She was frantic though and they want to work on calming her, she can't think at this state. They love her drive but she needs a lot of control right now.

When Backup came out he looked great. Nice calm bites, steady barks, great blind cornering into a solid h/b. He was a bit careful on the courage test though, he went slightly wide instead of a straight line, he didn't lose speed and hit hard but they want him a bit straighter. He's a very herdy-circley dog so curving lines are his style but it comes across and may have something to do with insecurities. I wouldn't be shocked, this is only the second person he's ever taken a bite from besides Denis and Gary who started him and the first was just a few post and leash h/b bites, nothing with pressure. They said he was "almost perfect".

All around we're super proud and excited that after about 9 months off training, aside from a bit of dappling by ourselves recently, they're really doing well. Good puppies!

My long update but we're over all very happy with them.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
How'd it go?

Because I wasn't sure that this needed its own thread I shall share this here.

We had a great time again with the new club we're trying out. There were more people out this time and we met the helper. We really liked the helper and he was super animated and engaging, he wasn't harsh with pressure but he gave a great fight which our dogs loved. He was impressed with Backups obed routine and confused by the way I speak of him, maybe I should stop badmouthing my dog so much. LOL They said he was flashy and wondered why I don't have my BH yet.

Sloan did well and they pushed Denis to go back to a play out play game with some no-fight corrections. It was exhausting but it seemed to help. When bitework came they were blown away by Sloan this time. She was rather quiet last time because we took her out on a fursaver and I think she choked herself out, we don't allow pulling on the collar so she was gasping for air while trying to bark and dirty bite, chaos is her style lately. This time she was on a harness and was loud and continuous. She took the helper off guard and almost knocked him over, hence tasmanian devil bitch, I don't think he expected her to hit that hard. She was frantic though and they want to work on calming her, she can't think at this state. They love her drive but she needs a lot of control right now.

When Backup came out he looked great. Nice calm bites, steady barks, great blind cornering into a solid h/b. He was a bit careful on the courage test though, he went slightly wide instead of a straight line, he didn't lose speed and hit hard but they want him a bit straighter. He's a very herdy-circley dog so curving lines are his style but it comes across and may have something to do with insecurities. I wouldn't be shocked, this is only the second person he's ever taken a bite from besides Denis and Gary who started him and the first was just a few post and leash h/b bites, nothing with pressure. They said he was "almost perfect".

All around we're super proud and excited that after about 9 months off training, aside from a bit of dappling by ourselves recently, they're really doing well. Good puppies!

My long update but we're over all very happy with them.
That's awesome! I know EXACTLY how you feel, we felt the same thing when we found our current club to work Pan and Kastle at. It's such a good, happy feeling to know you have someplace again and can work on goals!
__________________
~Falon~
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is online now
dogstrong
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 3,020
Default

Bloo and I have almost perfected jumping into my arms and a chest rebound. She's pretty badass.
__________________
If it makes you happy, and makes you proud, it's a pretty good investment.



Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
That's awesome! I know EXACTLY how you feel, we felt the same thing when we found our current club to work Pan and Kastle at. It's such a good, happy feeling to know you have someplace again and can work on goals!
Totally, I'm happy for you too as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Bloo and I have almost perfected jumping into my arms and a chest rebound. She's pretty badass.
You're nuts, how big is Baloo? I would so be afraid of that with a pit bull. LOL
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
ruffiangirl ruffiangirl is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posts: 1,681
Default

Diesel finished his first agility class, and starts the next level on Tuesday, I'm so excited, I have to get him more focused on me because he just does what he thinks I want him to do, lol, but he has fun and he has to think!

Bristol starts CGN class tomorrow, I'm hoping to get her trained to be a therapy dog.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,494
Default

Merlin not being a jerk 101.

- Stop randomly peeing at the store! you KNOW better! You haven't peed inside since forever, WHYYY?? And it's not even marking, it's like HUGE just regular ridiculous peeing for no reason, even if he's been out! ugh!
__________________

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Bloo and I have almost perfected jumping into my arms and a chest rebound. She's pretty badass.
Ahhh I REALLY want a jump into my arms with Payton! But he wasn't really game for it when we were trying to teach it a while back. I wonder if now that he's older and more confident with his jumping if he might do it now...


Payton jumped on top of a pile of sod my parents brought home. My mom was covering up her plants (it's supposed to get down to almost freezing tonight) and covered up this wagon she has... then late Payton out and he jumped on the wagon. On top of all her plants. Whoops. She blames me but I DIDN'T TEACH HIM TO DO THAT.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site