Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Active Pup

My sweet little german spitz named Near, originally i took it from one character of the series I'm watching.. but since then she's always near me and wanted so much hugging and cuddle.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Active Pup

My chocolate lab is Savannah because I love the beauty and the history of the town and it sounded feminine.
My english shepherd is Paddy Bear. I wanted to name him for his old british isle roots, hence Paddy, but added the Bear to give it a masculine feel. He's Bear now.

My other dogs were Bell, Sassy, Sammy, Muffy, Mollypop and sweet Annie Fannie. We also had a bred pup we called Cuppa-tea. Our cats are Abby and Dark Kitty.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES Happiness View Post

My other dogs were Bell,......
Actually, Bell's name was DaBella-DaBall. I always loved that!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Jill Schorr

We named our dog Chase Muttley after the Philadelphia Phillies 2nd baseman Chase Utley. Obviously we are huge Phillies fans!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schorr View Post
We named our dog Chase Muttley after the Philadelphia Phillies 2nd baseman Chase Utley. Obviously we are huge Phillies fans!
Hey, welcome to the board. Go Phils! Of course, they aren't great this year, but I still watch and love to cheer for them.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Emily Rose - Emily comes from a dog that was on the first season of The Dog Whisperer. I don't know why I couldn't come up with a better name at the time but eh, whatever. I'm not a big fan of the name anymore but hey, she's eight years old. Can't change it now. Rose comes from the fact that her nose is rose colored and at the time she had rose ears.

Bayleigh Laine - Not really sure where this name came from. She was surrendered to the shelter as Angel but my cat's name is Angel so my boss pressured me to name her quickly. I blurted out Gremlin and for about three days that is what I called her. When she went from foster to mine, no one in my family liked Gremlin. So I changed it. Again, don't know where Bayleigh came from but I still really like the name. It fits her well. And Laine just went with it.

Blaizen's Jolly Roger (aka Pirate) - When I was in the sixth grade, I had to do a report on pirate flags. I learned that they were called jolly rogers and I promised at that time that that would be the name of my first show dog. I made good on that promise. My little man is ten months old now and even after all these years I'm still in love with his name. I was torn for a while about his call name. It was between Pirate and Roger but despite what all of my other animals names are, I don't really like human names for animals.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Oscar was found in a dumpster (at just under 5 weeks old). I brought him home and my other half said his name must be Oscar (as in Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street). I said that was horrible to say and I would think of a more appropriate name for this foster.

The rest is history...

Bigs was named because his head was enormous when he was a kitten. Clingy because he was like velcro when he was a kitten...if you held him close enough, good luck getting him unattached!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Active Pup

My German Wirehaired Pointer was supposed to be Remy, but after I got her home that didn't fit. After trying a bunch of names she responded best to Greta, even though I didn't exactly like the name it did stick and fits her well. She also goes by Gret-Gret and Fuzzface.

My cane corso mix came with the name Mojo, but that didn't fit and he didn't respond to it. I was debating a name and settled on Rugaru after the supernatural creature, even though unlike rugarus of myth he is sweet and loving. He goes by Rug (pronounced Roog).
Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

My dog is named after New Orleans, Louisiana (NOLA).

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM
rotties are my kryptonite

Nat was named after the Bob Marley song Natty Dreads.

Zellie is a "short" for Rapunzel.

I'm not sure where StiXxX's name came from. I wanted his name to be either Gremlin or Charles, but the SO just pulled StiXxX out of his arse. In fact, I think he actually spells it Sticks, but what fun is that?

Kaia came to me from the rescue as Dulcie, and as a female Rottie, she supposed to be Ada (short for adamantium), but it didn't fit her at all. Kaia wasn't even on a short list for her (which was actually about 5-7 predetermined names) but it just fits her.

Gunnar came to us from the shelter as Gunny, and when we started fostering him, we changed it to Gunnar. It fits; it stays.
my delicate little flower