2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Zhucca

Lab Love
I haven't posted in this thread since I started the weight loss challenge!

I didn't start right away. I actually really started three weeks ago. (oops) Already I'm seeing some improvements. I'm down 10lbs, and my lifts have increased a good amount!

My deadlift is sitting at around 150, my squat is at 175, and with my arm/shoulder isolate exercises I'm using 15-25lb dumbbells. I'm pretty stoked.

I've been reading this thread through the whole way though, and every one seems to be doing fantastic. It's super inspiring to watch everyone slim down, way to go!

RBark

Got Floof?
Well, I hope no one minds. But I'm pretty happy about this, and wanted to brag a bit. I don't need to lose weight, actually I'm trying to gain weight at the moment since it's impossible to gain muscle without eating above caloric maintenance.

But today I had a Test day for weightlifting. The weightlifting program I follow goes in 5 week cycles, where you do 1 more rep each week until week 5, you do 12 reps, 2 sets. If you pass, the next cycle you do 10% more weight.

I passed all my lifts today, which are the following:

Squats, Bench Press, Bent Over Rows, Over Head Press, Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Curls, Calf Raises. It brings my stats up to this:

So I'm now intermediate level in the 4 major compound exercises. I'm really happy about that. It'd be nice to get to Advanced, though. But I don't plan on doing Elite lol. I'd be more than happy with my muscle level at Advanced.

For those that don't know, I've decided to put on muscle after seeing my father lately. He was never a big guy in terms of muscles, and it's rather shocking how much muscle he's been losing in the last 10 years despite good workout habits. Can't beat age, I guess. So I wanted to be still strong when I'm 70, and figured now is the time to put effort into it if I wanted to reap the benefits later.

Anyway yeah that's my progress. Yay! :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Hey, I noticed that my "ticker" turned green :D Approaching that goal number.

Kootenay

I'm considering entering a 10km race in August. Not something I'd ever really considered before, but a friend who has started running too is going to do it, and it seems like it would be a great way to make sure that I kept running!

But also really scary. I have run off and on over the years, but it had been a while, and I just started up again. I am running about 6km now, so it seems like it would be totally possible to work up to 10 by August. We'll see...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's absolutely doable Kootenay! Do it! It will be great!
You never forget your first road race. =>

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
That's awesome, Eddie :D you are doing an incredible job :D

I just finished 25 minutes of Party express and 30 minutes of Booty Time.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nice work, Julee :D keep it up

Just finished 45 minutes of Shaun T's dance party. Fit club at 7? Oh, no problem LOL.

I am SOOOOOOO close to breaking the 180 mark

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Haven't updated lately, as I've not been doing my normal workout routines. Still eating well but I've replaced the workouts with umpiring games nearly every night. It's still a hell of a workout, though.

I have a doctor's appointment for a routine checkup in two hours. We already saw the bloodwork, so this is going to be a BP, weight, etc. check.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
WOOHOO... Even after fit club ended up cancelled due to venue issues and we all went out for a few drinks... I'm STILL down on the scale today :D 181.8

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
This is as good a place as any to put this - my doctor's appointment was great today. He is thrilled with my weight loss and general fitness level. He was super happy with my blood report and doesn't want to see me for 6 months. Finally - he took me off of two of my medications. Of course, I had recently filled both of them and they are fairly expensive, but I'll deal.

Equinox

Crawling back onto the wagon and getting more strict with my diet now. Also need to get back to exercising, I'm feeling much too flabby :eek:

Quick question for sparks19/Tanya! Your progress has definitely inspired me and sparked my interest in the Shaun T programs. Between the Insanity (and Insanity Deluxe) workout, the Hip Hop Abs, the Rockin' Body, and the Dance Party workouts (5 min Ab Blaster/Booty Shakin/Rockin Abs), which would you recommend starting with? My main goal is to burn as many calories as I can for now (building muscle is an added perk :D).

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Crawling back onto the wagon and getting more strict with my diet now. Also need to get back to exercising, I'm feeling much too flabby :eek:

Quick question for sparks19/Tanya! Your progress has definitely inspired me and sparked my interest in the Shaun T programs. Between the Insanity (and Insanity Deluxe) workout, the Hip Hop Abs, the Rockin' Body, and the Dance Party workouts (5 min Ab Blaster/Booty Shakin/Rockin Abs), which would you recommend starting with? My main goal is to burn as many calories as I can for now (building muscle is an added perk :D).
It depends on what kind of thing you like :)

for me, Insanity is not something I could stick with. It's not fun for me LOL. It will definitely get the results but it's too intense for my liking.

Hip hop abs is good but I find Rockin Body to be a better work out. It's the perfect mix of fun, dancey moves with intensity. The cardio workouts really get your heart pumping and the muscle toning exercises really work each muscle group. The muscle toning ones are less fun LOL since they aren't really dancey but they have good music and really work.

This summer Shaun T is coming out with a workout called T25. it's a REALLY intense set of workouts that are only 25 minutes each. I'm pretty interested in seeing what that one is like. I'm hoping we do it at Fit club when my coach gets it.

So for right now, for what I like... I suggest Rockin Body. Perfect mix of fun with a GOOD workout :D

I finished up 45 minutes of Rock it out today... my booty is still sore from booty time so it's going to be killing me tomorrow lol.

A friend from my challenge group on facebook (slender by summer) gave me this t shirt

BEAST MODE

RBark

Got Floof?
http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/strong-is-the-new-skinny/

I thought this was a really good article. It's a lot in-line with the line of thought I've been exposed to lately, which basically is summed up as.. eat more, lift heavy weights.

That will lead to most people's perception of an body they are most comfortable with. I always thought that all I had to do to look good naked, is eat less and do cardio. I've learned since that there's no way to shape your body while eating less, the only way to do it is to eat more. I'm a lot happier with my physical condition since I had this epiphany, so the article, while written aimed at women, is definitely good to know for guys as well.

The author's before and after picture speaks volumes.

104LB on the left, and 126LB on the right. An pretty awesome change!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
15 miles on the bike, 1 mile walking and running on the treadmill (approx 10 minutes walking, 3 minutes running at 6.2mph).

Equinox

It depends on what kind of thing you like :)

for me, Insanity is not something I could stick with. It's not fun for me LOL. It will definitely get the results but it's too intense for my liking.

Hip hop abs is good but I find Rockin Body to be a better work out. It's the perfect mix of fun, dancey moves with intensity. The cardio workouts really get your heart pumping and the muscle toning exercises really work each muscle group. The muscle toning ones are less fun LOL since they aren't really dancey but they have good music and really work.

This summer Shaun T is coming out with a workout called T25. it's a REALLY intense set of workouts that are only 25 minutes each. I'm pretty interested in seeing what that one is like. I'm hoping we do it at Fit club when my coach gets it.

So for right now, for what I like... I suggest Rockin Body. Perfect mix of fun with a GOOD workout :D
Awesome, thanks so much!

In addition to the Rockin' Body, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity, and Dance Party workouts, I also found Brazil Butt Lift (god knows how much I need it LOL) and the ChaLean Xtreme (which is apparently really intense?). So I have quite a few to work through. But right now, FUN sounds like a great idea so I'll start with that!

By the way, you look amazing :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Awesome, thanks so much!

In addition to the Rockin' Body, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity, and Dance Party workouts, I also found Brazil Butt Lift (god knows how much I need it LOL) and the ChaLean Xtreme (which is apparently really intense?). So I have quite a few to work through. But right now, FUN sounds like a great idea so I'll start with that!

By the way, you look amazing :)
You're welcome :)

Ugh Brazil butt lift. Ask my fit club friends how I feel about that one LOL. I HATED it LOL... Definitely works though.

Chalene extreme isn't one I have done but I LOVE Chalene. I finished her Turbo jam 30 day challenge (got the t shirt... Literally lol) and I think I am going for turbo fire next. I finish my rockin body challenge this weekend :) so that will be my third challenge shirt earned :)

Thank you so much. I have been working so hard and it's so exciting to look in the mirror and see all the changes... A little less pooch here, a little more muscle there and tonight at worship team practice when I was singing I could really feel my abs tightening up as I was singing and using my diaphragm to project my voice lol

Members online