Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Stil need help!!!!

IBS IS a possibility. This dog happens to be a very serious rescue case. We've had him since he was 10 months old and he is 3 1/2 now. He was rescued from a puppy milll at 10 months when the humane society emptied the place. He was obviously a breeding mistake since he is not a purebreed. He came home with physical scars, injuries, infections, etc which have all healed but he is terrified of people until he really gets to know them. Then he is a total love. He is scared of loud noises, new places, etc except he loves the outdoors and other dogs. He is not aggressive--he pees when he is afraid (its fear-not submission). He has been on Prozac since he was 11 months old and we work with him ALL the time behaviorally. We were able to lower the Prozac dosage about a year ago but we DID just move. He seems happier here (lots of walks--no more just being let into the yard) but the water is different too. My sister has a Cairn with IBS. He eats vet prescribed Royal Canine Venison food that costs a fortune. My guy is 70 pounds and I could never afford THAT. His poop this morning on TOTW Salmon was total yuck so things are not getting better. Suggestions? I really need advice