Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 AM
& the Muttly Crew

**cheesiness warning**

[ I can't post pictures from my phone, so just imagine a picture of a pretty QQ ribbon here. ]

Webby rocks. I'm just so incredibly proud of this dog and his resilience and accomplishments. He is now over halfway to his championship in both points and QQs, after less than a year of very light Masters trialing. Which started after 13 months of retirement. So much for that idea!

He also placed 3rd of 20 in Standard (12 qualified). Considering the calibur of 16" dogs here, and that most of them are Shelties and a few Aussies...he just keeps speeding up. Picked up 47 points this weekend.

I'm just so happy for him. And so happy that *he* is happy. He was so very pleased to have a Solo Weekend, just him and I (had to scratch The Cheese due to pantieshood) and was a total ham all weekend.

/happiness

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

Go webster!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm All Ears

Woohoo I have a drop in class! Yay! I also have possible private lessons and a workshop I'm auditing this weekend for usdaa games. Yay agility!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Woohoo I have a drop in class! Yay! I also have possible private lessons and a workshop I'm auditing this weekend for usdaa games. Yay agility!
Great news!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yay!!! I was going to be sad that we would miss out on Summer/Mia agility updates! Glad you figured out a solution.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm All Ears

I was going to be seriously depressed if we had to stop. They're doing so well. It'll be nice to get to work with the head trainer some more. She's been very impressed with Summer especially. Hopefully my old class can still keep going in 6 weeks but in he mean time we have a workable solution. That makes me happy.

I forgot to say congrats to shai and webby!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

I get so happy when I see you post about how great Summer is doing at agility. She reminds me so much of Meg, and dogs like that are so darn wonderful, it's nice when the rest of the world recognizes it as well I'm glad you could find a way to keep them in agility while your class is on hiatus!

Congrats on such a great weekend with Webby! I would say more nice things, but somehow we never have Webby video to enjoy and admire.

I'm in a deep dark depression over Gusto having to be on rest for six weeks. We had 3 trials planned in that time - two already entered and paid for, one of which is my club's trial, and the only USDAA trial all year that is a nice easy "stay at home and wake up at a reasonable hour to arrive" location. All of which was supposed to lead up to him getting to go to regionals.

Meg's going to have a fit, because I swapped some of Gusto's entries out for her, and I'm going to ask her to run 4 classes in one day. She's been such a lunatic at trials lately, I think she'll have plenty of energy for it. I did keep my long-standing promise to her not to run her in gamblers. I'd have just scratched the whole trial, but I promised to carpool with a friend and I didn't want to back out on her.

But I want to be working and running my baby dog

Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

YAY!!! Webster ROCKS! You really are such a good trainer, Shai. All of your dogs are just amazing.

Quote:
That's great news! I don't know what I would do without a class for that long...

I'm so sorry about Gusto... But the good news is that you're doing everything right in his recovery so hopefully this will be the last of it.

Kimma's weaves have been getting MUCH better! I am just training entries, with a target at the end, and it's really upping her speed and accuracy. Hoping it continues and transfers over to sequences/courses! Coming at the middle of the month we have 4 straight weekends with a trial day (only Sundays) every weekend They were all very close to home, so I just couldn't say no hahaha. Plus I don't think I will be doing any trialing over the summer, so I figured this would be our last hurrah for a few months.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post

Congrats on such a great weekend with Webby! I would say more nice things, but somehow we never have Webby video to enjoy and admire.

I am the first to admit that little Webby doesn't have a lot of "wow!" factor in vids -- his times are mostly a product of efficiency, continuous movement, and being on the upper end of his height category -- but he's come so, so far. He's just a very special boy.

I'm in a deep dark depression over Gusto having to be on rest for six weeks. We had 3 trials planned in that time - two already entered and paid for, one of which is my club's trial, and the only USDAA trial all year that is a nice easy "stay at home and wake up at a reasonable hour to arrive" location. All of which was supposed to lead up to him getting to go to regionals.

Meg's going to have a fit, because I swapped some of Gusto's entries out for her, and I'm going to ask her to run 4 classes in one day. She's been such a lunatic at trials lately, I think she'll have plenty of energy for it. I did keep my long-standing promise to her not to run her in gamblers. I'd have just scratched the whole trial, but I promised to carpool with a friend and I didn't want to back out on her.

But I want to be working and running my baby dog
I know I'm sorry . I had to leave for out of state immediately after the trial and was focused on that and forgot my camera. A friend *tried* to tape him on an iPad but forgot to slide the little button over and got a series of pictures instead...and is so non-techy I doubt I can even get those.

I'm plotting to drag hubby to a trial soon so he can video... Spouse abuse? Yep. :P

I'm really sorry about Gusto being off . Have been keeping you guys in my thoughts, and I hope his lameness is over for good. So scary.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ugh training is going... not how I want. The last two weeks have been horrible because of the marathon/post-marathon pains. We are working hard on wraps and they are going horribly, Payton isn't wrapping tight at all and getting him to do more than two wraps, well, I might as well be asking him to go fix me dinner for all he seems compelled to do that. We're still working the 2o2o... it wasn't going very well with me not saying anything so I caved and started to say "touch" and now he is doing much better but I hate that I ended up using a cue word for it.

Wednesday we are hopefully off to Auggie's breeder's house and it will probably be a disaster and I will want to quit forever.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog