Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

watching the kid have a medical issue is horrid. not snapping at stupid people is worse . i may just blow on this bitch and feel better anyway. i dont care if she is pissed. my kid needs me and i am stuck here. working . at least his dad is there and he is just sleeping. but dammit i should be there watching him sleep.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

If I hear "But at least you get summers off" one more time, I will scream.

I work 70+ hours a week during the school year (with zero overtime or stipends for the extra work), am going to multiple (unpaid) trainings during the summer, and have already come up with a list 3 pages long of things my colleague and I are going to accomplish this summer to make us more prepared going into next year.

I love what I do most of the time, but stop implying that it's easy or I have it good because I have time in the summer to recharge.

And this is supposed to be teacher appreciation week...
Old 05-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
A client brought their ten year old JRT in for a euth yesterday because she had thrown up twice in the course of a day and a half. When the vet said we generally don't euth otherwise healthy/happy dogs, the owner became irate, yelling "should I just go shoot her?". They ended up discussing it with both his wife and himself and it was agreed to sign the dog over for rehoming. She's a bit nervous, but has ad no vomiting.

For pete's sake..
Man.... And here I'd give anything to have my 14/12 year old JRTs back, And theirs is disposable!!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

A week ago my dad, my brother, and I all went to the gas station to fill up together using my Dillon's points because I had $1 off per gallon. I do this with my dad all the time, but not usually my brother. My dad gives me cash, and I use my card to pay for it all. This time the same - my dad gave me cash and I paid for it all, and my brother was supposed to write me a check or get me cash the next time he went to a store (neither of us generally carry cash).

Here we are a week later. I KNOW he got paid on Friday. I've been asking him about it for the last 4 days with no response at all. Today he's finally home when I'm home and ask about it. He throws a huge fit over it because he fixed my car in the past (which I had already paid him for!) and he thinks he should just keep the money.

I did NOT take your sorry ass to buy gas because I wanted to LOSE $27 getting gas. I did it because I thought it would be nice for you to SAVE MONEY ON YOUR ****ING GAS.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Sad day. No more agility class.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

Hubby had to go last night to retrieve video off of a hotels DVR of a girl that was reported missing, the cops said last night they suspect she is dead, because of blood found in the room, today her mom has made a plea for information about her on facebook and its very sad.

Not really a vent its just
Old 05-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I had to refer a dog for anesthesia grooming for the first time ever today. He was determined he would remove my face and fingers come hell or high water. Took the muzzle off of himself, panicked so hard with the cone on I thought he was going to give himself a heart attack... Just feeling disappointed in myself, and feeling like I failed the dog and his owner. He was just in so much pain from the matting and so terrified of everything (he wad just adopted recently) I thought it would be best for him to see a groomer who has the equipment and ability to help him better than I can.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Dishes. Dishes. More dishes. I will NEVER take a dishwasher for granted ever again. I don't want to even cook anything, because then I'll have multiple pots, pans, and cooking utinsils I'll have to hand wash!

Plus, Mike is gone again, so I don't have a drying buddy.

*sigh* I hate dishes.

And my work schedule changed, so now I'm working until 6pm every day. Boooooooo. I'd rather get up ungodly early and get off of work at 4 than get two extra hours of sleep in the morning and stay until close. Oh, well. *sigh*

Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Dishes. Dishes. More dishes. I will NEVER take a dishwasher for granted ever again. I don't want to even cook anything, because then I'll have multiple pots, pans, and cooking utinsils I'll have to hand wash!

Plus, Mike is gone again, so I don't have a drying buddy.

*sigh* I hate dishes.

And my work schedule changed, so now I'm working until 6pm every day. Boooooooo. I'd rather get up ungodly early and get off of work at 4 than get two extra hours of sleep in the morning and stay until close. Oh, well. *sigh*
I'll come help you do yours if you come help me do mine. All that's left of mine is the little stuff, though.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
I had to refer a dog for anesthesia grooming for the first time ever today. He was determined he would remove my face and fingers come hell or high water. Took the muzzle off of himself, panicked so hard with the cone on I thought he was going to give himself a heart attack... Just feeling disappointed in myself, and feeling like I failed the dog and his owner. He was just in so much pain from the matting and so terrified of everything (he wad just adopted recently) I thought it would be best for him to see a groomer who has the equipment and ability to help him better than I can.
You didn't fail the dog, you did exactly what the dog needed you to do

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13