2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Kootenay

Finally started running again the past few days...I've been meaning to do this for so long. Going to try to actually keep doing it this time! I love it when I can just get myself out there. About 5 kms today, will slowly start building up the distance.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
My game for last night got cancelled, so I did two workouts last night. Felt great to get back on it. I didn't realize I had missed it until I was busting through it again.

No game tonight either, so I'll bust out at least the cardio. Been out and about running my wife to the doctor and now I'll need to get my oldest to the doc. Spring sinus infections. Lovely.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished 45 minutes of Shaun T's dance party after a cat nap on the couch. Now less than 2 hours to fit club and our mystery workout LOL

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Home from fit club. Turbo Fire HIIT 25 (high intensity interval training I think is what it stands for). 1:30 minutes of super high energy moves and the 1 minute rest and repeat that for 25 minutes. Heart explosion LOL

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Finally started running again the past few days...I've been meaning to do this for so long. Going to try to actually keep doing it this time! I love it when I can just get myself out there. About 5 kms today, will slowly start building up the distance.
5K is nothing to sneeze at. That's a high school cross country race ;)

Congrats on getting back out there. You can do it!

Did cardio and total body 2 again last night. Legs, abs and shoulders were burning like crazy when done. I guess that's the point :rofl1:

I have a game tonight, so I probably won't do a routine today. If I do, it will probably be the cardio set.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Way to go, Kootenay. Getting back out is the hardest part :)

I did my weigh in today for my challenge group on facebook.

down to 183.2 and down almost an inch everywhere. Down to 31 in the waist... that's 5 inches total from my waist alone lol.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Month one of my program is pretty much done and we did measurements today. I'm down 13.5" total, the majority in my midsection. SIX inches alone off my belly button measurement and two off my upper waist.

I'm loving it. I feel great! Two more months to go, Monday we start a month of different workouts and different nutrition and then in month three it changes yet again.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Month one of my program is pretty much done and we did measurements today. I'm down 13.5" total, the majority in my midsection. SIX inches alone off my belly button measurement and two off my upper waist.

I'm loving it. I feel great! Two more months to go, Monday we start a month of different workouts and different nutrition and then in month three it changes yet again.
That is awesome Mandy! Great work!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Way to go, Mandy :)

After complaining about my shoes for a while I finally did something about it today and went and got a nice new shiny PURPLE pair of Nikes :)

the sparkly purple laces were my own little addition lol

I'm about to Christen them with their first workout

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
DONE!!!! 35 minutes of Disco groove and 10 minutes of Hardcore Abs and then one set of elevated planks (with legs up on something... my chair which was not a good choice lol) with a leg raise and bring the knee in 12x on each side and then a regular plank for 30 seconds, elevate arms up on something (my couch lol again... poor choice) for 30, down for 15, up for 15, down for 5, up for 5. I was supposed to repeat that three times but that did NOT happen lol. Once and done.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
About to scoot off for another two hours at the gym! A little sore from the personal trainer session yesterday, but feeling good!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Got in another 2 hours at the gym. Approximately 7 miles on the bike, and 3-4 on the treadmill (running for a minute every 5 minutes or so).

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Awesome, Julee :D glad it's working for you

Today I did 30 minutes of Booty time and 45 minutes of Rock It out. I'm already sore lol

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
10 miles on the bikes today! 2 miles on the treadmill, some pull ups, squats, a bit in the weight room...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ok, if one was going to buy one of the Shaun T programs, which would you recommend?
It depends what you are in to. For me insanity, while definitely would get big results, is too intense for me and I would never stick with it. Hip hop abs is fun but lacks intensity. Rockin body, fir me, is the perfect balance of fun and intensity and results. The moves are FUN, they are also intense... Especially the muscle toning ones like rock it out, booty time and hard core abs. The prearranged scheduled is challenging and they really do a good job
Of keeping you going and getting results. I am just over halfway through and have gotten great results, plus I think it is still on sale for $19.95 :D

That said, he has a new program coming out this summer called T25. Each workout is only 25 minutes but it is going to be an INTENSE 25 minutes! I am really considering trying it out :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Even after doing something last night that we haven't done in a LONG time ... ordering pizza lol.... I still registered a small loss on the scale today to put me at 182.6 which is an official 2 lb weight loss this week :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, I'm approaching that 60 pound lost mark. It's weird. First 20 came off very quickly, which is somewhat normal (well, for guys anyway). Then it leveled off and that 2nd 20 pounds came off grudgingly. It seems like since I hit 250 a couple of weeks ago, the weight started dropping quickly again. The only thing that I can think of is that I started up umpiring again. While it's not a full cardio or strength workout, it's enough of a combination (especially all of the squatting and then the running in quick bursts on a play) to get the engine burning again.

No games tonight (prom night for the oldest). Did my 10 minute trainer cardio routine and that's it.

All of you ladies are doing a great job! Keep it up!

Members online

No members online now.