Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, it's probably my least favorite part of owning a dog. Especially when it happens on a sidewalk. Or in view of other people. I usually take out the bag just to let people know I have good intentions, but there comes a point when there isn't much you can do. I'm not a big product person, but if anyone knows of a product that fixes this please let me know.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Top Dog

Add Ivan to the excitement pooping category too. I haven't been able to get him to stop.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Add Rory to the list. He's the only one out of our dogs who does it. It doesn't matter where we go or what we do- he'll have loose poop at least a couple of times on walks and hikes!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

I'm super curious... do any of you seem to notice this is more prevalent in intact males vs. neutered males and females of all sexual statuses? I've noticed a minor but still observable trend in daycare.

Of course, there are certainly dogs of all sexes, with parts or not, that do it, but it seemed to happen more frequently with intact males.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I'm super curious... do any of you seem to notice this is more prevalent in intact males vs. neutered males and females of all sexual statuses? I've noticed a minor but still observable trend in daycare.

Of course, there are certainly dogs of all sexes, with parts or not, that do it, but it seemed to happen more frequently with intact males.
It seems way, way, way more common among intact males among the dogs I know. And Ripley was far worse about it before he was neutered.

But yeah, it seems a very normal occurence and nothing I'd worry about at all. It's annoying, but it's normal. Ripley's the worst about it among my crew, but they've all done it. And I find the more prone to marking a dog is, the more they get loose stool on a walk... but no idea if that's true or just an observation. It seems like when they run out of urine to mark with they resort to just squirting poop on everything, as gross as that sounds LOL.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Top Dog

This did start about a week or two (or three) after he really started to lift is leg and mark everything.

I threatened to shave his butt today after our walk because.....ewwww

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

I was AMAZED today on our hike with Cricket and Joey... he pooped ONCE before we were even on the trail and it was a solid normal poop and he didnt poop again for the whole walk!! Brand new trails and everything, so definitely excitement going on.

The only thing different is I've been giving him the new Cloud Star Dynamo Dog 'Tummy' treats (half a day for his size). I started probably four days ago? MAYBE just maybe it made a difference, I don't know.... I'll have to see next walk.

Brit & Jackson

Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

This is totally normal. Dogs (& people too) run better with empty bowels. It also makes room for anything in the stomach to move down into the gut so no vomiting or torsion. Most dogs will or should do it.
ETA Sonic does it for any activity. Olive is more "anal retentive" but will eventually do it on a run or hunt.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post

I don't know, Juno has a sensitive stomach in general so I've always attributed this to just being a side effect of that. And she's not an intact male lol.

Actually with her diet seems to help. Since she's been on sojos it hasn't been an issue.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Professional Nerd

This is normal life with Stan as it was with Harry. Not just walks. Life is just SO FREAKNG EXCITING when you are a Malinois.