Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Family drama....

I can't do this anymore. Ugh.
Which is why I have as little contact as possible with certain family members. Well, one reason.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.
Definitely this. I didn't get into my school, but it was because it's super competitive, I didn't apply by the priority deadline, and they screwed my paperwork up. I submitted again and got in the following semester. I would call and ask, it may be something as simple as misplaced paperwork or not applying soon enough.

Do you have a degree from the community college? In Maryland you have guaranteed acceptance into a state school if you completed a degree at a Maryland community college. Maryland Transfer Advantage, I think. There may be something comparable for your state.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.
This!!

I was in a similar situation a couple years ago. The program was competitive, but I applied as soon as acceptance opened, and had all they required and more.
When I didn't hear back, I was really surprised. So I called, and it turns out that one of the required grades was missing from my transcript!!

I sent in the paper work again and was accepted immediately.

Doesn't hurt to check!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Le sigh. At the office job on the day I'm supposed to be with the doggie daycare. Wants pop.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I have gained 10 pounds. No exercise plus bad eating habits. Totally am not happy, especially if I keep gaining. So, I got my leather leash from Mom's house to start walking Cynder with and I'm watching my eating habits. Not the food, specifically, just portion control.

Me no likely. I want to munch and nibble. *whine*

Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Two days before vacation and I'm sick. I swear I have a vacation curse.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Two days before vacation and I'm sick. I swear I have a vacation curse.
Don't you hate that? Our bodies seem to hate us at times!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out how to speak in somebody's language... how to phrase something (or re-re-re-phrase something) so they understand me.

But usually it's not a chronic problem. Like EVERY time I try to communicate with somebody. Who I HAVE to communicate with multiple times on a daily basis. And every single conversation seems to be ridiculously hard. I know the problem isn't me... I'm not the only one struggling to communicate with this individual... but I'm the only one who has to communicate multiple times a day, and it's starting to slowly drive me insane.
Very very not good.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ugh...

Driving home and I spotted a dog on the side of the road. I pulled over onto a side street and got out. Stood maybe ten feet back trying to call it and see if it would come to me, I didn't want to chase it because it was literally right on the side of a US highway. He didn't come to me and started going down the road towards my street, so I turned to get back in my car and just follow him down the road and see if he wouldn't go down my street, maybe I could coax him into the yard...
At that moment a guy on a bike went by and he chased the guy for maybe 15-20 feet, then stopped - but he was on the opposite side of the road now. I didn't want to go across the road for my own safety and again, I didn't want the dog to run from me into the road.

I was keenly aware I was potentially about to see the dog get run over. I just hoped. People were slowing down and being careful. The dog started to cross the road and come back to my side of the street.

Then it happened.

A white SUV hit him. He flopped over, paused for a second, then immediately started screaming and ran off down the road on three legs. I ran for my car, jumped in, and drove around to try and find him. I went up the road he ran down and saw a lady on her cellphone, a couple in an Equinox, and two boys pointing down the road... I assumed she was calling somebody. The Equinox drove off, I think they were trying to follow him. I drove around... no dice.

Came home, grabbed the animal control number, and set off walking. I was hoping to find him and have animal control meet me and pick him up to take him somewhere. The dispatch lady told me somebody else had already called it in and there was an officer already in the area. I told her I was worried somebody would approach him and he would bite since he is obviously injured. The cops are supposed to call and talk to me since I saw it happen. They haven't called yet. I saw the cop car while out walking but I didn't want to gawk and look - I don't think they found him.

I'm so upset. Maybe I should have tried a bit more to get him before the guy on the bike went by. I could have maybe saved him.

I can't believe that douchebag just hit him. They didn't even TRY to slow down. And then they just kept going. They were too far away for me to get a plate number or even the make of the vehicle. I hope the person behind him got the plates and called it in...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

I got Les Mis from a RedBox on Saturday Night. I'm not even halfway through it. It's TERRIBLE and I keep falling asleep. And that's sad, because I'm a HUGE Les Mis fan. At least I'll get to see the musical on stage over the summer.