Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Except those of us who work in the pet industry with the general pet owning public know what happens with most of those dogs who you give education to. They end up breeding because someone told them their dog is just to cute and should have puppies! And that one litter becomes two and then five and then you have a crap ton of poorly bred pug puppies everywhere with health problems.

It's a fine line between giving the information and really pushing the realities of bringing those lives into this world with their crap bred walking health problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I'm one for uneducated owners opting to spay/neuter is better that leaving the dogs intact.

I receive calls all the time (even one today) asking questions about why their intact female dog has bloody discharge, if they need to wear anything, should they just keep them outside during this, or they don't know that this means they can get preggers. Or how about the person who assumed that their littermate dogs (one boy, one girl) couldn't reproduce. People are stupid. Some people just need to be told that this is the best option for their situation. If they have additional questions, fine, information is great and I would love for everyone to be able to make informed decisions. But the majority of our clients just want to be told what to do, when to do it and not worry about the extra stuff.
Yep and yep

I think it is great that responsible dog people can leave their dogs intact. My family almost always had intact dogs. However I am seeing it more and more often being presented in a way that I believe is dangerous.