Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I think vasectomies and ovary-sparing spays should be default. Spay and neuter only if hormones are REALLY a problem or for true medical reasons. Your average BYB/mixed breed dog that most people own are usually unhealthy enough as it is.
I'm assuming you're talking about humans, and I agree. You seem to forget what I do for a living

Having reproductive organs is a responsibility most people can't handle.

However, human rights dictate we should keep them, and that I do agree with.

However, a dog? Most people don't have a frigging clue. And there's TONS of educational information out there. When you work in society you realise which bits filter in and which bits don't.

You only care about the info you're interested in and to most people, dogs are something nice to have in the home.

Therefore, ill always promote spaying and neutering and if you bother to educate yourself otherwise, then good. Then you pass the test and can own an intact dog

Regardless, my bitch is spayed and that's my choice. However, I think I'd pass the test to own an intact bitch should I want to

I don't think there should be laws to spay, but I certainly believe it should be promoted and people should opt out of that properganda by doing their own research. If you don't research or educate yourself to make an informed choice, then your loss. And I'll tell you to spay your dog.

Too many accidents, strays, rehomes, impulse buys, clueless owners. When that changes perhaps people should be offered the courtesy of not being treated like a moron who allows their dog to breed willy nilly.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein