Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I did one insanity workout and I will be happy to never do another one lol. That program is just not for me. I would dread my workout everyday if I had to do that one.

I am currently doing "Rockin Body" and Shaun T made these ones, too. It can be intense and it's a really good workout and way more fun (and cheaper as I think it is still on sale).

Another one I did that is a really good fitness program is Turbo Jam with Chalene Johnson. It's more of the punching/kicking type thing.

You don't have to do 6 days a week, I follow the 6 day program but you can make it work for you and do every other day. The minimum is 3 days a wrek with at least half an hour of exercise on each of those days.

And when all else fails and there are certain moves you aren't up to doing yet... MODIFY MODIFY MODIFY!!!!! . Make your workout work for you

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Is that the same sort of thing?
Slightly lower impact - it's like a higher intensity dance party. It's fun - everyone looks like they're having a great time sweating! In insanity, when the guy asks how you're doing, one girl says "I wanna leave" and one says "I feel like $h!t". So if that's any indication... lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 04-28-2013, 04:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Is that the same sort of thing?
Rockin body is more dancey stuff and not as intense and way more fun LOL but it is still a really good workout.

Also, Shaun T has a program coming out this summer called T25. A very intense workout and te videos are only 25 minutes long.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
... I feel like to get through 45 minutes of that a person must already be pretty fit I worry for the foundations of my house should I try that
Old 04-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Those other DVDs sounds more likely to keep me going longer term

Not sure i like dancey ones though... I've done dancey type classes before and don't really enjoy them, butttttttt.... Maybe in my own home I would

Going to have a look!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
I'm doing "10 minute trainer" by the same company. Been doing the program since January 2. Down 52 pounds as of this morning. It's less intense and the time commitment is under 15 minutes of clock time daily (unless you do multiple workouts, but each session is 15 minutes including 2 minutes warmup, 10 minute workout and 2 minute cool down). You get one day off a week (day 3). And if you feel up to it or want to work harder, you just do more.

I've tried Insanity after completing P90X and was unable to get through the "fit test" without puking.

Like any program, you will get out of it what you put into it. If you work the program, follow the schedule and stick with it, you'll easily drop those 2 stones (well, not "easily" as the program is not "easy").
This one Eddie?

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ute_trainer.do
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Those other DVDs sounds more likely to keep me going longer term

Not sure i like dancey ones though... I've done dancey type classes before and don't really enjoy them, butttttttt.... Maybe in my own home I would

Going to have a look!
If you don't really like dancey then I highly recommend Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. It will get you results, it's fun and it's more punching and kicking and Chalene is super fun and will keep you going

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Resident fainting goat

I didn't say this before but for the record.. to do insanity you have to be reasonably fit.
I don't want to put a hard number on it but I'd say capable for running a mile would be a good starting point I guess...

I have had friends who have tried insanity and thrown up and fainted and things like that. It is not a good first time workout program for someone who is inactive or isn't used to sweating/heart pumping exercise.

My first intense cardio day I thought I was going to faint

Try the fit test or cardio circuit on the links. Bearing in mind those are not the most difficult ones by far but if you can push through those you should be OK.

and it does need to be 6 days a week. I mean, you don't HAVE to do it..but it's very structured and 6 days just makes sense with the order of the workouts and everything.

I like insanity.
It isn't a fun workout lol by any means.
it involves quite a lot of me panting in the squat position swearing like a sailor and wishing death upon the TV.
but I love the results and I love pushing myself.
plus I hate dance workouts so this works. I don't feel like dancing workouts push me in the same way and I just don't feel as good after.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Yes, that's the stuff I'm doing.

I was 290 on January 2nd. Been watching my food (quantity and quality) intake and following the exercise calendar in the kit. Down 52 pounds. I also started in 44/46 jeans. My 38 jeans are loose now. I had to have my umpire pants taken in significantly as well.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Show Dog

My sister bought p90x awhile back, so I tried that. I liked the workouts, but watching the same videos over and over bored me. They were so long, I felt like I was spending far too much time doing the same thing. I thought about getting insanity, but decided that I would probably get bored with it.

Plus, I found bodyrock/dailyhiit. It's a website with free workout videos. There are tons of options, so if I'm not feeling one workout I could just find another. And they're short. I like short. If I have more time then I'll combine a few different workouts or just do more rounds.

Since I don't have a daunting 60-90min (I was doing p90x, I believe insanity is shorter) video to follow, I'm also less likely to skip it. It's harder to say f it when the workout is only 15min or so.