2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
I had to make a rare appearance to make a few comments here. I work for the same company as EddieQ and he came over to tell me Tanya posted her recent pics in here. :)

1.) Tanya, I am SUPER proud of you. Yeah, what husband would not be 'proud' of having a smoking hot wife... LOL But I know how dedicated you are to this. You inspire me to keep up with my workouts AND Hannah can't wait to work out too.

2.) Eddie... Keep it eye to eye contact, eh? ;) LOL

3.) I see nothing wrong with that shirt at all. I think it fits puuuuurfectly. :p

<back to the lurkersphere>

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I had to make a rare appearance to make a few comments here. I work for the same company as EddieQ and he came over to tell me Tanya posted her recent pics in here. :)

1.) Tanya, I am SUPER proud of you. Yeah, what husband would not be 'proud' of having a smoking hot wife... LOL But I know how dedicated you are to this. You inspire me to keep up with my workouts AND Hannah can't wait to work out too.

3.) I see nothing wrong with that shirt at all. I think it fits puuuuurfectly. :p

She has eyes? :confused:

:rofl1:

Seriously, though - Great job Tanya! Very proud of your success and how hard you've worked!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Girl that doesn't look too tight at all. It looks awesome. You look fabulous.
:eek: <--- closest thing we have to a blushing face lol. Thank you very much :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I need to tape that up in front of the scale and measuring tape lol

You look AWESOME, sparks.
Thank you so much

I had to make a rare appearance to make a few comments here. I work for the same company as EddieQ and he came over to tell me Tanya posted her recent pics in here.

WOW my picture must have really been inspiring for you to come out of hiding :p

Thank you :) your support through all of this means so much to me and it's part of what keeps me going.

She has eyes? :confused:

:rofl1:

Seriously, though - Great job Tanya! Very proud of your success and how hard you've worked!
LMAO... My ... what big ... EYES you have lol. Can't remember what that's from but that's what this made me think of haha.

Thanks Eddie :)

I also just finished possibly the HARDEST day in my schedule for Rockin Body. 45 minutes of Rock it out and 30 minutes of Booty Time. I am going to be hurting tomorrow. Not only is Rock it out the most difficult workout in the set but it's also one of the longest ones and THEN they pair it with the second hardest one in the set. THANKS SHAUN T... I hate you sometimes lol but I still love him

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
...I like this Shaun T a lot better than the insanity Shaun T.

Tanya you are sooo inspiring - I hope to actually stick with this program! I quit all the others after a period of time :/

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
...I like this Shaun T a lot better than the insanity Shaun T.

Tanya you are sooo inspiring - I hope to actually stick with this program! I quit all the others after a period of time :/
LOL I say the same thing. I call him "fabulous Shaun T" in hip hop abs and rockin body lol. When we did insanity at fit club I was like "I miss fabulous shaun T... I want him back cause this shaun T sucks" lol

Thank you :) I am also usually the type that goes all gung ho for a time and then just stops but I have been going strong since January 1st :). Just keep pushing play

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hi guys!! Marathon started at 7AM this morning! I did indeed take a long nap LOL. (I went to bed after 10 and was up at 5:30am.)
Here's the race bling!

I PRed the 5K last night. I decided to run after waking up with a Charley Horse Friday morning, hoping an easy 5K would help stretch it out. I felt good, took it nice and easy.

Woke up in the middle of the night with a foot/leg cramp in the same right leg. My mom has an herbal thing she takes for foot cramps so I got up, took the pill, and stretched some more then went back to bed.

This morning I felt good. I decided to get in the pace group with the 10:18ers which would put me right at 2:15. Kept up nice and easy, no big deal, I thought for sure I would be able to make the time.

Somewhere between mile 6 and 7 I started feeling my leg cramp up, starting with my thighs, then started traveling down my leg to my calf, then my FOOT. I couldn't feel my foot.

I tried to hobble it out but the pace group was getting further and further away... once I couldn't see them anymore I stopped to stretch which HURT HURT HURT. I've never had a cramp get WORSE trying to stretch it out.

So from about mile 7 on I walked the majority. I kept trying to run again but every time I started running I couldn't get very far before my foot cramped up severely again.

No shame, I finished in 2:30 which is not as good as last year but better than my first year, and technically when I signed up I put down 2:30 as my expected finish time.

I'm a little bummed I didn't make my PR for the half, but the thing is, my medal looks exactly the same as everybody else's. All the people I ran my first six miles with have the exact same medal as I do anyway. Most people will never even sign up for a half-marathon let alone finish one.
(Also my 10K time, 1:04, beat all of my friend's times who were just running the 10K. BAM.)

I'm taking a break from half-marathons for a few years. I know I'll go back to it at some point, I just really think I need a mental break as well as a physical one. This was the hardest mentally in the three I've done even though I feel like from a physical standpoint (until Friday morning!!) it has been the best and easiest. I need to surround myself with fit/active people again somehow and get a better support network before I do this again. It's just so difficult to go through this feeling like the people closest to me are apathetic about it. I'll regroup, take it easy for a couple years, then come back at it.

Disney Princess Half-marathon is still on my bucket list.

Back to being a gym rat!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Hi guys!! Marathon started at 7AM this morning! I did indeed take a long nap LOL. (I went to bed after 10 and was up at 5:30am.)
Congrats, awesome, awesome, awesome!! What a great accomplishment, so cool.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, no workouts today, but I did umpire two games in a tournament. I lost 4 pounds doing that. Drinking lots of water...

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I got a blood draw done last week in preparation for an appointment on May 8. Doctor's office called Friday to "talk about my bloodwork" but I wasn't home. They said, "Have him call us back on Monday." Great. They don't usually call unless it's unusual. Just go through to them. The nurse couldn't find a note and then put me on hold. She came back and said, "Dr. had a message. It's Wow - great job and no complaints!"

So, good news after all. Thanks for making me stew all weekend, though :rolleyes:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ugh Eddie... glad it was good news but way to get your blood pressure up lol.

Today was a crazy sort of day.

After coming inches away from getting T boned today when a lady decided to turn onto the main road without even looking IN THE RAIN I had to slam on my breaks. Thank God for the brand new tires otherwise I probably would have skidded.

Bowled two games today and then went to the grocery store where Hannah realized her stuffed bunny "Hippity Hop" was missing. We back tracked all through the store and parking lot.. no hippity hop. checked the van, nope. Went back to the bowling alley and checked everywhere... no hippity hop. Hannah was so heartbroken that she lost her bunny and just as I was about to pull out of the parking lot and head home I decided to call the grocery store to see if someone had turned it in. SUCCESS... back to the store we went and retrieved Hippity Hop safe and sound.

Finally got home so I could do my workout today.

25 minutes of Party Express and 45 minutes of Rock It Out (both on the Rockin Body set)

I am super soaked now lol. Time to go wash off the funk :rofl1:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Beanie, How the heck did I not comment before now about your run. That's AWESOME. Sorry you ended up somewhat injured but way to push through and finish :D you are amazing

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Gym was a success. Manager talked to me about Em, which I could have done without, but apparently they've never had a service dog in the gym before, so. Spent two hours learning various machines and getting in some walking/running on the treadmill, and some stuff on the bikes. Looove the cushion-y treadmills, my hip doesn't hurt at all.

FG167

Been lurking but not posting via my phone.

Beanie, I've been following your running, and I think you are an inspiration. I want to be a runner so bad...but I'm not LOL Great job on your half - seriously, I was out of town and kept checking in to see how you did.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You guys have all made me teary-eyed. Thank you so much for the support you have shown. It really means more to me than I can possibly express.

I honestly, truly believe anybody can do it. It takes dedication, discipline, and a lot of work! A lot a lot of practice runs and time spent strength training as well. Grit to get up and do it every day even when you don't want to. It is often about mental toughness more than physical, because your brain will try to defeat you long before your body is ready to quit (usually!!)
But anybody can definitely do it.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Okay, Dr. Chaz, help?

For the past two or three months, the top part of my left foot has felt severely bruised, but there is no visable bruise and I don't remember doing anything to it. It hurt more than usual today, so I went and felt it for the first time... there's a little lump. There is not one on the other foot. Feels kind of like something is broken? I can walk on it alright, but it hurts.

Please don't recommend going to a doctor if there is ANY OTHER WAY, lol.

Members online

No members online now.