Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Greeenmagick your flowers are gorgeous! Still trying to tame the flower beds here. Right now there's a battle royale going on between the coleus and cardinal mint. Wondering if I should rip it out or plant comfrey and see who wins.

Pops, I'm not sure if they're hardy in Utah but you might try Fuchsia magellanica. They're a tall bushy hardy fuchsia native to the southern tip of Argentina so you've got a good shot. I've had good luck getting starts and seeds of plants through ebay, but maybe there's a local nursery that has some in stock.
Yeah so far I have found a nursery in WA where I can probably get what I'm looking for.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

So how are everyone's gardens growing now?

These are some recent pics I took - there are a lot of babies that need to fill in for it to look finished but oh well. Veggie garden is getting a SUPER late start this year as we were on vacation last week and I didnt want the petsitter to have to be in charge of that many seedlings in such a wide area.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Well, I could probably keep going forever lol...so will leave it at that for now
Old 05-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

I found started artichokes yesterday!! YAY. I bought 4. And the Superstore had started eggplants, 6 for $2.50!! I bought 2 containers. I probably shouldn't be buying stuff because my dad gets possession of the new house on June 10, but screw it, they need to get started now!

The new place doesn't even have a garden, so I get to go crazy planting stuff this summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any trees either (except for a few in the yard that are medium-large. So I'm either going to buy seeds for or buy seeding empress and tulip trees, and a list of some others that really shoot up.

Also, my dad is buying an excavator soon, which is great because I can make a pond I want to make a natural pond with clay and I think that would work because we're at sea level... but maybe not. I HATE liners, so if not a clay pond, I might just go with a raised concrete/brick pond.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Our garden is going pretty well this year! Here are some photos I took a week or two ago, things have grown quite a bit since then.

Baby carrots

Onions

Peas!

Lots more going, can't wait to be getting tons of fresh veggies. Right now we have lettuce and spinach from the greenhouse, but soon we'll be overflowing with everything!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

We did potatoes, tomatoes, bell pepper, squash, and some herbs so far. I'll have to post some before/after pics! They grew so fast!!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Top Dog

Worked a bunch on the gardens this weekend.

Sowed broccoli, cauliflower, several lettuces and chard for this fall.

Also added even more beds lol. Basically we continued the curvy border all the way along the front fence. Also finished the driveway border bed off. Hit a local nursery as they are discounting their perennials and hit my mom's to get more clumps of hosta

We have a full sun bed that we need to finish but that includes building a wall and fence so slow going. Our other full sun bed needs to pretty much be bulldozed and started over:/

But our shade beds and veggie gardens are nice Our front house border beds and containers are doing great as well.