Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

@SevenSins-

because ... You said this:

Which is what led me to believe you had the crudentials to back it up. maybe someone else should be eating their foot right now.
No, he means YOU are the one who has said it YOURSELF in MULTIPLE posts.

Your social issues have EVERYTHING to do with this topic. A breed like a dogo needs socialization.

If I mentioned that I had dogs with strong prey drive in multiple posts, and then made a thread about how I wanted a house rabbit, I would HOPE people would mention that to me.

It's not like each thread on here is viewed as it's own separate piece of information- we KNOW each other on here and each thread carries over to the next. Of course people are going to mention your social issues when you mention wanting a big, powerful dog breed- it's a major issue.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep

Last edited by ~Jessie~; 04-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
I have been given a few breeder contacts to gather information from.
And I would hope that you're honest with your issues when you contact these breeders, but that almost certainly means that you're going to be restricted to buying a Corso or Dogo from a BYB. And sadly, there are many who will happily sell to anyone.

This has very little to do with your opinions related to the BF thread, and more to do with your self-admitted issues.

Quote:
@SevenSins-

because ... You said this:
Apparently you don't have enough of a grasp on reality to understand that you can have a diploma without being an active practitioner.

And honestly, it wouldn't matter. A palsied, half-blind gorilla can look at someone with his femur jutting out and manage to sign out that the guy has a broken leg.

Last edited by SevenSins; 04-26-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Club Terrible - President

Actually, it's all very relevant to this topic. Dogs can be quite in tune with their human's emotions (psychiatric service dogs work well for a reason!), and that can seriously interfere with their own perceptions about what is safe and what is not. Especially puppies.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Everything that has been mentioned is very much relevant. You just don't understand that because you know nothing about the breeds, and are now going to BYBs. You've posted about returning the dog you got as a rescue, because of the reason that "he doesn't like a leash and collar". That'll be the least of your worries with either of those breeds. There's no way you can safely handle a molossar breed.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I entertained the thought, but I didnt, everyone gets frustrated with their dogs I needs to vent sometimes.

Who said I was going to a BYB, I never even mentioned BYB.

the breeder I am going to is a very nice breeder (albiet not in my state) You all talk like this it happening tomorrow when it is YEARS maybe more into the future, I am in no hurry.

any the venomous content of your posts means I will look elsewhere for information, thanks for nothing.

For the record I have no intention of going to a BYB.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 PM

Yes, very informative post

Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I would like to ask if its the look or what that draws you to a dogo instead of another ACD, which you seem to know?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM

Yes of course the look does factor into it, abut as I read more & talk more with breeders I think that a corso migght be more of a better fit for me.

they are more personally protective & have more guarding instincts then most (not all but most) ACDs who have a suspicious nature but its more of a cautiously suspicious nature.

Granted I am still learning so I have a long way to go, but like i said, no puppy anytime soon. I am willing to wait until I am good & ready

Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Yes of course the look does factor into it, abut as I read more & talk more with breeders I think that a corso migght be more of a better fit for me.

they are more personally protective & have more guarding instincts then most (not all but most) ACDs who have a suspicious nature but its more of a cautiously suspicious nature.

Granted I am still learning so I have a long way to go, but like i said, no puppy anytime soon. I am willing to wait until I am good & ready
Having owned a well-bred Corso, that is really NOT the breed for someone with your issues and I'm telling you from personal experience, my dog was a very SHARP dog that could have been dangerous if paired with someone who had a serious social disorder. Not nearly Fila sharp, but sharp none the less. That dog was extremely well socialized and trained, and READ ME LIKE A BOOK. But there were no mixed signals. Corsi are NOT a breed for someone who thinks it would be "cool" to have one, or someone who wants a dog to take out a show off and intimidate people with. That's the harsh damned truth.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Glutton for Crazy

The financial obligations with the breed are nerve-wracking. They are expensive, even well bred are often unhealthy, and often temperamentally scary. Many people in the breed misunderstand proper guard behaviors and take instability, paranoia, and insociability.

Something to consider.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.