Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I never realized this was even a thing, lol. Do you quarantine before introducing to existing stock?
My store isn't really set up to quarantine much, so no. The tanks are the MARS systems (like Petco), so they are put in their own tanks usually (most drop-offs are big cichlids and plecos), but they are still in the system. That said, I have had maybe two times in four years that a drop-off died from something, none I've seen have been visibly sick. Generally the fish coming on weekly orders are the ones you need to watch out for.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh good, I'm not the only one! I read a bunch about it and they talk like it's just an issue men have. Fat hairy men and I'm like...

The first time mine flared up was so bad. I couldn't sit at all and woke up in the middle of the night all night because it was hurting so bad. Right now it is just sore.
I've had one too! Not a fat or hairy man the first time I had it ignored it for a few days hoping it would go away, and then i ended up in the ER because it had turned into a system infection and I was really really sick. I have a real high pain tolerance, but we're talking curled up in fetal position wanting to die sick and a fever of like 104. Good times. Hate those things!!!

From what I understand, it's more like hole than a cyst? When it flares up and feels like a cyst, usually means something got trapped inside and it's infected. Surgery isn't usually required, mines never been really bad since.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan just ate my whole sub when I turned my back. I hope her tummy feels hot and clammy as there was jalapeños, onions and olives on it. That will show her! Let's just hope she does not puke everywhere.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM
orange iguanas.

Took a Benadryl today and it completely knocked me on my butt! It was like, 4pm and I was just about to the point of calling the day quits and going to bed. Soooooo sleepy. My dogs sure don't feel that way when they get it!

The crappy thing is, it didn't even alleviate my symptoms.

Which is my next vent - I don't know if I have a cold or allergies. Or both. It started off as a cold I think? Sneezing and congested. That started a couple days ago, but for the most part that has resolved. Now I am left with super watery eyes. They water and water and water and are so uncomfortable. I've never had this happen before. It was gorgeous out today so I was going to take the dogs for an extra long walk, but I ended up cutting it short and turning around because I could hardly keep my eyes open! Which is what drove me to Benadryl.

Completely not okay. All my plans today were interrupted either because my eyes were burning, or I was in a drug-induced zombie state.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Silence, peasants.

Got back pictures from tennis. Most of them I look derpy, whatevs, understandable. In the okay ones I look 12-14 years old. Whhhyyy. Whhhyyyy.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

It really doesn't matter how I do because nobody cares.
Nobody is going to tell me they're proud of me.
It's not like it's a big deal either, I've already done this twice.

My co-workers aren't fitness people at all so they don't really care, unlike when I was at the radio station full of people who worked out and constantly asked about my training and we all shared our progress repeatedly.

I don't see them that much anymore even though I still count many of them as friends so I don't even have that interaction with my friends.

Nobody cares so it's kind of been hard for me to care either.

I just don't really know what the point is anymore.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Jelly baby?

I have assimilated crested gecko information too thoroughly. Now I'm suppsoed to cite my sources. WHERE? WHAT SOURCES DO I CITE? Ugh. Can I just write "My Brain and the Internet" on my references page?

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

My heart hurts and I can't sleep.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Jelly baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
My heart hurts and I can't sleep.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

lowercase

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
aka RedHotBabe

What started as uncomfortable pain has evolved into near-excruciating pain. Yes, not missing Pilates class today was a great idea! My upper back and neck are killing me. I can barely move. I just want to lay down, but I was an expert procrastinator and didn't gather the paperwork and write the statements needed to apply for this scholarship I was nominated for.