Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

when in public, you have every right to be offended. Nobody is infringing on anybody's rights. The more boobies in public I can see the better, get 'em out there. Noises??? ****, I didn't know noises would be involved too. Even better.

I find the notion that a infant receiving the most complete and perfect nutrition it could get can be viewed as offensive, well I find that offensive.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Just out of curiosity, DogDragonness, do you think people should refrain from eating meat in public in case they offend a vegetarian?
hell if someone is offended at the sounds (i've never really heard any) of a baby nursing they should definitely be offended at the sounds some people make when they're eating solid foods....
Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like. Like the diaper commercial with the lady who is NIP & tells the surprised waiter "hey buddy ... Eyes up here". Just like not everyone likes my dogs parents should know that not everyone likes their kid.

But I will give a Certian look to those parents, they usually rein their kids in fast or that mom NIP will keep her snide comment to herself, having dogs for years has made me a master of "the look" lol
This doesnt even make any sense.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like.
well it's not illegal. if i had breasts, and a baby, i'd think "too effing bad" too toward someone who was offended by a feeding infant. they wouldn't need to take that "attitude" if people like you weren't constantly making snide little comments and flashing "looks" at them now would they?

what specifically about the act of feeding an infant is offensive? is it the fact that you see skin? surely no more than a lot of other people show who aren't nursing. is it the fact that a baby has a nipple in its mouth? that's natural and completely nonsexual. what is offending you and why?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post

what specifically about the act of feeding an infant is offensive? is it the fact that you see skin? surely no more than a lot of other people show who aren't nursing. is it the fact that a baby has a nipple in its mouth? that's natural and completely nonsexual. what is offending you and why?
You should feed with formula and gerber dammit. If ****ing caveman could exist on Gerber for thousands of years and modern people have survived on Gerber and formula up until the past 50 years or so when feeding this crazy breastmilk become the trendy thing to do, it should be good enough for all babies in public.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

No, not everyone likes your dogs...so does that mean you shouldn't be allowed to give them treats or food in public? Or you shouldn't take them to the park or a dog friendly store or walk them down the street? Or give them water to drink, since people might hear their lapping noises and be disgusted?

If someone really, really, really doesn't like dogs, they're not about to go hang out at petco or a dog-friendly beach. If someone doesn't like kids, they're not about to go hang out at the playground or chuck-e-cheese.

If you don't like dogs enough that it bothers you just to see one walking around or eating a treat in public, well, that's YOUR problem. (and plenty of people do have either a phobia or a serious dislike of dogs). The dog's owner isn't violating your rights by taking their dog places. Same as people taking their kids places and even feeding them in public - breastfeeding or not. If you don't want to be eating in public around kids - don't go to a family-friendly restaurant at 5pm.

I do agree parents shouldn't bring their kids to a restaurant if the kids can't sit still, keep their voices down, and eat with proper manners - but none of that applies to a breastfeeding infant. Would you rather be in public with a woman who's feeding her child quietly (and dear god, if you can hear "noises" coming from a feeding infant, unless your ear is right up to the woman's chest or you're sitting next to her in a dead-silent library, something is VERY wrong) or a woman who's making her infant wait to eat because she's been ridiculed for feeding it in public, and now it's screaming bloody murder?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2013, 01:40 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I KNEW I should have posted "In before this becomes another breastfeeding debate thread!"

Now I'm just going to have to drop in here with reaction gifs.

Like this.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Glutton for Crazy

What kind of dreadful person prides themselves on scaring mothers into reeling in their children or hurting peoples feelings with a singular look?

You probably should avoid public settings where tolerance and common decency are expected, you sound like you're not suited for it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.
My SIL lived in San Antonio and I know several others that live or lived there. I would bet a nice amount of money there is way more NIP going on than you think....its usually very hard to notice

You dont see how food compares to food??? really?