Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Top Dog

Default Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

I thought of several chazzers who would enjoy this

http://onetreenottwo.wordpress.com/2...-suck-on-this/
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

LOVE IT!!!!!

I will be honest, I never had anyone say anything to me about NIP. Both children were nursed til 4 (though really by around 2ish it was pretty much just morning and night so not so much NIP anymore). Covers are a joke. I tried using a blanket a couple times wtih Lilah and yeah no go...she would get hysterical.

But, I do know other mamas who have been shamed...I have seen countless people be just ridiculous about it.

Had a great experience last week at the playground though. My friend was nursing her toddler and another little girl and her mom came over. The little girl asked what the toddler was doing and her mom immediately said "She is nursing, drinking milk from her mama". Little girl said "from her boob?" I thought uh oh, this could get weird...nope, awesome mom says "Yes honey, thats what boobs are for, they make milk for babies". Little girl "oh, ok" and skips off to continue playing.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

People know my views on this subject ... & I will keep expressing my distain for NIP.

This lady is just as much of a bitch as anyone else who disagrees with her SHE is infringing her rights on others.

Sorry but I don't like it, I never will (I don't like kids period anyway) but its not just the sight ... It's the sounds that come out of it also & if this lady & any other lady doesn't like my looks of distain too bad.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

You mean disdain I am assuming?

Its obvious you really have very little experience with breastfeeding...noises??? really??

I love the "if people dont like me being a bitch its too bad" idea - you are right, you have every right to be rude, to be a bitch, whatever....but its sad that one would want to live that negatively. I could say I dont like seeing people wearing yellow...I find it an annoying color. If I go around rolling my eyes, making rude comments, and avoiding people wearing yellow that makes me the stupid one, not them for wearing yellow. The are not infringing on my rights (of not having to see yellow) by wearing it.

People talk about whats wrong with society these days, with kids these days. I'll tell you...respect. NOT lack of respect from children, its lack of respect FOR children. Its this idea that life is something that happens in a vacuum.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:01 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
It's the sounds that come out of it
"sounds?" my guess is you're pretty obnoxious and awkward in public and that might 'offend' me, how about you head to the bathroom every time you feel like expressing a thought?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:01 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I don't like society in general, been hurt by too many people I guess, I am very antisocial & just being close to other people wigs me out. ESP if they are doing something I find annoying (like NIP or have a screaming child). Kids should be taught to respect adults not the other way around.

When I was a kid I never went to a restaurant until I was old enough to behave accordingly, I always had a babysitter when my folks would go out or we ate home cooked meals. When we did go to a restaurant I was expected to sit quietly,use my inside voice, & not make a fuss, or eat like an animal. If I misbehaved I was given one warning, if I did it again we left & I was sent to my room when we got home.

Even as a kid I was always very well behaved, I as a reserved, shy quiet kid & my parents as well as relatives say all the young people loved babysitting me because I was always to easy.

How does someone wearing yellow compare to NIP? Wearing a yellow shirt doesn't infringe on someone else's rights.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
How does someone wearing yellow compare to NIP? Wearing a yellow shirt doesn't infringe on someone else's rights.
are you serious? show me the part of the constitution you think feeding an infant in public infringes upon. i'll wait.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't like society in general, been hurt by too many people I guess, I am very antisocial & just being close to other people wigs me out. ESP if they are doing something I find annoying (like NIP or have a screaming child). Kids should be taught to respect adults not the other way around.

When I was a kid I never went to a restaurant until I was old enough to behave accordingly, I always had a babysitter when my folks would go out or we ate home cooked meals. When we did go to a restaurant I was expected to sit quietly,use my inside voice, & not make a fuss, or eat like an animal. If I misbehaved I was given one warning, if I did it again we left & I was sent to my room when we got home.

Even as a kid I was always very well behaved, I as a reserved, shy quiet kid & my parents as well as relatives say all the young people loved babysitting me because I was always to easy.

First of all, respect is something that is earned, not demanded. If you treat children disrespectfully they learn to NOT respect adults. Pretty simple really.

If everyday living wigs you out, you should get help. Or at least recognize that is YOUR problem and not anyone elses

I was a very easy child too....what does that have to do with anything? Some are, some arent...its life...you deal with it.

How does someone wearing yellow compare? Easy...neither has anything to do with you Its your right to like or not like it but it is in no way infringing on your "right" to not like it if someone does it.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

Just out of curiosity, DogDragonness, do you think people should refrain from eating meat in public in case they offend a vegetarian?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like. Like the diaper commercial with the lady who is NIP & tells the surprised waiter "hey buddy ... Eyes up here". Just like not everyone likes my dogs parents should know that not everyone likes their kid.

But I will give a Certian look to those parents, they usually rein their kids in fast or that mom NIP will keep her snide comment to herself, having dogs for years has made me a master of "the look" lol