Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 AM
robertspears

Another thing that is very useful for smaller breed dogs or dogs with diabetes is to keep on hand Karo syrup or glucose in a tube. In the case of severely low blood sugar, rubbing a little of this in dogs gums may save your life until you can get the vet to stabilize.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Active Pup

I hope the list is complete. I will buy those things and make a first aid kit for Blake right away.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Puppy Dog

Default This is an Important Summer First Aid Tip For Dogs

Now that it is summer, it is important to remember to plan ahead for the safety of your dog. Many dog owners know that their pets are notorious for snapping and biting bees, wasps, hornets and all kinds of flying and (more importantly) stinging insects.

The obvious thing is what happens next, after your pet swallows a bee or wasps or hornet? The insect does what it does best and stings your pet on the inside of their mouth or nose or some other place on their face. This can cause a lot of pain and problems for your dog.

A great medicine to keep on hand just for this purpose is Benadryl. You are right to give them no more than one milligram per pound of body weight. You may even want to start out with half of this amount, just to avoid over medicating (even with larger animals). You can always give more later.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Active Pup

the list is gonna be helpful to me. I do have a first aid kit for my pet but after seeing your list, there are a lot to be added.