Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh man, my next dog is probably going to be a boy and he's going to stay intact for at least 2 years. I have never had a boy dog before. It's going to be FUN.

The breeders I've talked to (and I agree) that putting a bitch with Mia is probably not a good idea.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

We've gone FIVE WHOLE DAYS without Payton being a jerkface to Auggie.
FIVE.
I'm rollin' the dice on a full week, c'mon baby!!

I would so trade this for the "I have never heard the word 'sit' before! What is 'here?' Oh you mean run away from you as fast as I can right?? I LOVE THAT GAME" puppy puberty. Ten times over. Because at least they are kind of still cute when they do that, even when you're like "YOU ARE SO NOT CUTE I HATE YOU WORST PUPPY EVER okay so you're kind of still cute stop looking at me like that it's cheating."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh man, my next dog is probably going to be a boy and he's going to stay intact for at least 2 years. I have never had a boy dog before. It's going to be FUN.
Girls. Girls all the way.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Sherman decided to hump LoLa and then Judge. Judge told him off and all is well again. Except he really like LoLa and takes some convincing to leave her alone. He still squats to pee the majority of the time but so does Judge.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Girls. Girls all the way.
FUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGNNNNNN I dunno about that. It took Keeva 2 years to decide she liked me.

Blossom's not so bad. Keeva was straight of out Mean Girls, Blossom is more like that skinny dork with braces who's also a basketball star.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm All Ears

I really like girl dogs best but Mia is just such a personality that a boy is probably a lot better. *sigh*

Maybe my boy dog will be like Nard. He is the most easygoing little dude. Knowing my luck I'll end up with a Beau that wants to hump everything and pee on everything.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
FUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGNNNNNN I dunno about that. It took Keeva 2 years to decide she liked me.

Blossom's not so bad. Keeva was straight of out Mean Girls, Blossom is more like that skinny dork with braces who's also a basketball star.
Dude, she's a corgi, are they CAPABLE of affection?

Sloan nailed us, drew blood, and said FU at first but quickly became the most devoted, smartest (girls are easier to train, I'm convinced), sweetest dog ever.

Seriously to each their own but I have always sought out males thinking girls were nasty bitches who didn't care but each female I have owned by accident (Hannah was a consolation gift when my male had been sold, Shamoo was a foster return, Sloan was Denis' buy + the female fosters I would have kept if I had the room) has been superior.

I'm rolling the dice and hoping when I actually seek out a girl she'll be as awesome, pattern don't cheat me now.

Laurelin, I do understand though, Denis wants a big burly male next and that is a scary thought with Backup and Arnold in our house. Luckily he's pretty much a one dog guy so we've got a long time before be wants another dog, at least until Sloan begins to slow down in her sporting endeavors.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Dude, she's a corgi, are they CAPABLE of affection?

Sloan nailed us, drew blood, and said FU at first but quickly became the most devoted, smartest (girls are easier to train, I'm convinced), sweetest dog ever.

Seriously to each their own but I have always sought out males thinking girls were nasty bitches who didn't care but each female I have owned by accident (Hannah was a consolation gift when my male had been sold, Shamoo was a foster return, Sloan was Denis' buy + the female fosters I would have kept if I had the room) has been superior.

I'm rolling the dice and hoping when I actually seek out a girl she'll be as awesome, pattern don't cheat me now.
Oh now she's very affectionate...and manipulative, LOL. But the girls in her line are known for being aloof until 2-3 anyway. Now she's only bitchy with other dogs, and only when they deserve it (she says!).

No, honestly, I really enjoy/appreciate my girls (and like yours, the two after Mackenzy were happenstance, I really wanted a male) and wouldn't trade them for the world. I guess my point was more that I've known plenty of girls who had rough adolescent periods as well as boys.

I think both sexes have their charm. But I'm ready for a boy now.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Ugh Zip Tie grabbed an early adolescent card. Teeth chattering and humping have been there since the beginning. I came home yesterday from work and my husband said "the koolies have been separated all day because that nasty boy won't stop humping Zinga." When this all started happening, I was all a like "Well, maybe Zing is coming into heat." Nope, not the case.

On the whole boy versus girl thing. Girls all the way. I would so much rather have a snotty girl with a great work ethic than a goofy boy who just melts when you touch him.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Ugh Zip Tie grabbed an early adolescent card. Teeth chattering and humping have been there since the beginning. I came home yesterday from work and my husband said "the koolies have been separated all day because that nasty boy won't stop humping Zinga." When this all started happening, I was all a like "Well, maybe Zing is coming into heat." Nope, not the case.
Lets be honest, she's a cute girl with super model legs, you can't blame the poor boy.

Shockingly Backup has never been a big humper unless Sloans in heat but the tasting, oh he's always tasting.