Breed suggestions for my mom
So since I moved out and Taken Teagan with me my mom is lonely without her cuddly, small furry Teagan. And she is constantly looking at small little dogs on rescue sites, but has never taken the plunge as of yet on a dog.
- I know she is looking for a small breed
- very cuddly
- a breed that will follow her around everywhere
- They do live on a farm, but the dog would never be outside unattended.
- a breed that can handle the heat, my mom spends a lot of time in her garden, and Alberta summers can get pretty hot. The Winters are cold, but again dog won't be outside other than pee breaks.
- A breed that can handle going for walks and will be ok on somewhat rough terrain, again they live on a farm. Mom always takes the dogs for a walk through the fields, and they have a cabin in BC and always visit us in BC and we are always going adventuring and boating.
- Barking is not an issue, they have terriers
- a breed not super fragile as they do have a bouvier, although Emme is really gentle with small dogs.
-a dog probably in the 5-16 lbs range. Nothing bigger than Teagan who is 16lb's
- a breed that tends to be good with kids, as Tyler and I will be eventually starting a family.
- If she does finally decided to get a dog, the dog most likely will be either a rescue or a re-home younger adult or older puppy.
- A breed that is not super difficult to train.
I will add anything else that I think of later