Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Gavroche gets bathed every month or two, sometimes less. He's a pretty clean dog, with his hair stuff just falls right off. Even when my nephew and his sister color him with chalk, it's gone within a couple days with no washing.

Logan gets bathed about every other week, more often if he manages to get super dirty, is shedding, or is super flaky. Since he's a service dog he needs to be kept immaculately clean. Over the last month he's been bathed more than that due to preparing for a show. Then the weekend of the show his white parts, particularly his legs, get scrubbed with whitening shampoo daily, plus a rinse or conditioner-only bath on the rest of his body each day so I can blow dry him properly.

I use some horse whitening shampoo on all of Gavroche and Logan's white parts. I use Head and Shoulders occasionally on Logan since he tends to get flaky (and it makes him SO SOFT AND SMOOTH <3). Other than that, it's really whatever shampoo strikes my fancy at the time.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

The Afghan girls get bathed every 2 or 3 weeks.....sometimes it's almost 4 weeks between baths, if the weather has been good ans I have been lazy. We use Pantene or Tresseme on them.

Wassim has only had 2 baths since I got him 6 months ago, one to get the desert grime off him and again the other day becuase he was getting funky. I am using tropiclean soap less medicated something something on him.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

Only whenever they need one, which for Enda spring-fall is every freaking week ! She just delighted in, whatever the h*** this substance is today! (sorry you'll have to click the link the image is huge) https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...92056163_n.jpg

Jinjo is about once a month, because of his allergies I like to bath him often to get the pollen/mold/etc out of his coat, because his allergies have gotten so much worse the last couple years however I have been thinking of bathing him more often, but because of a certain other dog who's a PITA about keeping clean I haven't had the time.

Noodle, I was bathing him about once a week too, but gave up, he stinks and nothings going to change that.

Shampoo, I prefer Tropiclean naturals, but the last bottle I bought was something at TJ Maxx with nearly the same ingredient list, I, um, bought it because it has the cutest picture of a Border collie on the bottle (only me, I'm sure, at least I checked the ingredients first!). And usually an 8-10 oz bottle lasts about 6 months, depending on how much mud we get, I always dilute it.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Allons-y!

Not very often...pretty much only when they are dirty or right before a show. They stay pretty clean, I really only bathe them if they roll in something or if it's really muddy out, so it ends up being once every two months or so. Usually I just use whatever I have; I think we've been using Buddy Wash recently. I use a diluted leave-in conditioner too, though I can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
it's pretty much a full day event if I do all four dogs.
Haha! That's why I have to do Happy and Lucy on separate days. They need to be brushed before, then there's the bath, then I blow dry, and then they get a thorough brushing after. And with Happy usually I do some trimming up of her foot hair. It's just... annoying to do them both. Thank God Juno is a quick in and out, no brush or dryer required.

I usually do ear cleanings on bath days, nail trims have their own special time on Saturday nights. Tooth brushing is daily.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Top Dog

Crossbone gets taken in the shower (no bath tub!) every week or two. Used to be every Sunday but it's now when I wake up early enough to shower us both, brush him & cut his nails.....which doesn't happen too often

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
~Lisa~

depends on the time of year.

dead animal, dead fish season, almost daily for Solo as he rolls in it.

Blaze normally once a week or every 2.

we have a few different types of shampoo at work. i grab what ever is handy. normally is a hypoalergenic type I grab.

I like clean dogs. So I bathe them often lol
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Pretty much never. Todd's last bath was 2007. I've never given Lucy a bath (had her 18 months +), and Katy had two baths as a puppy when she discovered mud, but not since. Sighthounds don't tend to be dirty dogs!

My Photos