Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

I meant to respond to this the other day - my first though was irritation from the tube - this seems to be especially common in smaller dogs and can last for a pretty long time (2+ weeks doesn't seem too long).

However, it's hard to tell without hearing the sound, and if you think he's at risk for kennel cough (especially if you took him around a lot of other dogs while the vaccination lapsed), it's worth getting it looked at. I think what I would do is wait a day or so, and if it got worse or didn't seem to improve, call the vet.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

He's been better! I haven't heard him do the wheezing since yesterday AM. *fingers crossed*

I'm so pissed I let them do the bordatella - ugh. I know better. NEVER again. I'm not even sure it had anything to do with it but still mad I let them do it.

I mean, I'm not too worried about it, since he's not vaccinated for anything else anymore since he was 1 (except I have to do rabies this year) but yeah... so mad because he's gotten KC before right after getting the instranasal bordatella too. UGH. But what irritates me is since he didn't have the surgery until April 15 anyway, the bordatella vaccine was useless.... because clearly, it's no longer Easter and so they wouldn't be over-booked and he could've stayed in the other room. I just was kinda put in an awkward position and had an 'uhhh... okay, go ahead' moment when put on the spot. And usually this vet is awesome about not pushing me into anything.

No more bordatella for him though ever. I won't be doing any more DHP either at this point, I'm pretty certain.

Well, I had a dilemma last year about getting the shot since there is a canine fitness center closeby where he could go swimming but they required it, and I ended up saying it wasn't worth doing the vaccine for. Since he's had it now, I'll take advantage I guess this year and utilize it a few times haha.

Brit & Jackson