Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yes ... But "perfect child syndrome" sets kids up to fail in the harsh, cruel real world.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
That could be part of the "normal" seizure threshold - it tends to lower the more they have (aka kindling iirc). Once the meds kick in, the pattern should moderate.

That being said, when pheno didn't control Oreo's seizures we added in potassium bromide and it was a miraculous change - went for clusters every month to every 2-3 months! When we changed her food to a higher quality one, she had a "healing crisis" and we ended up dropping the pheno completely and she racked up looong seizure free periods (1-4 years). She would have about 6 full grand mals in 36 hours when she clustered.
I hope it is lowering her threshold. Seizures such, and they're scary. Though... have to at least have a bright side at this point. Random people keep asking me if she's got a brain tumor.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes ... But "perfect child syndrome" sets kids up to fail in the harsh, cruel real world.
Right... I think that is what everyone is saying.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Back in my day!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! LOL I yell it at my younger cousins all the time.

I don't think its that this generation got it 'right', there was a lot teachers and parents did WRONG and a lot of it is changing for the better.

yea, I agree participation trophys are a bit silly, but I think instilling confidence, positive learning techniques and reinforcement is important and I love that parents are getting more in on that.

They do participation ribbons with DOGS now! There was some dog expo I went to where Jack got a participation ribbon.

When I worked at the horse barn I saw some very "interesting" parents who brought their kids to ride. Parents who were genuinely upset that we could not rearrange our public ride schedule around their kid's nap. Yes, lady, I'm going to bump allll these other people who planned ahead to keep your kid's schedule. Parents who had to be told over and over and over again that their kids CANNOT run in the barn before absently reprimanding them (with the kids ignoring them of course) and then going back to talking to the other parent there. Moms of screaming toddlers saying "Now is you don't stop that you aren't going to get to ride the pony." The kids never stopped and the moms never kept them from riding said pony. Even the pony would look at them like "We all know that's not true lady, put your screaming offspring on my back and lets get this over with."

I think that kids are the same, but parenting and the way society treats kids changes through the generations.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

My dogs suck as cuddling. I'm trading them in for a work dog.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Right... I think that is what everyone is saying.
Yes, I was aware of that ... I was just expressing my mutual agreement

Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes, I was aware of that ... I was just expressing my mutual agreement
Oh... Yes then I agree 100%. It really is a big problem.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM
LABRADERP!

My dog is getting old and it sucks

He went with me to Bass Pro and fishing today and he chased the ducks and tried to eat the fish we caught, but he wouldn't swim in the water after the ducks like he used to

My baby is not allowed to be aging like this....I'm starting to think he's also going blind and his hearing is starting to go :/
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Started my morning with a message from a guy who seemed genuinely like a match.
Until it rapidly became apparent our definitions of things were quite radically different.
Also disturbing that our very first conversation EVER was on that subject. You have bizarre pick-up lines my friend.
I want to know the topic now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I don't want to move in with you because I'm not ready. I shouldn't need to keep saying it again and again and again.

You want me to move in because you feel vulnerable when you couldn't get in contact with me and thought I was hurt. Not because you feel like you are ready for that commitment.

this is so dumb.

and my friends are all like "well don't you love him? why wouldn't you want to move in with him?"
Of course I love him but I'm not ready!

gah!
Your friends are being superficial and silly. You have a super nice apartment and a great boyfriend. They don't need to be combined this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

As for the "kids these days" thing.

I think most kids these days are a lot like we were when we were that age... what I think HAS changed is parenting and discipline. When I was a kid I didn't know anyone who got in trouble at school and their parents would come flying in yelling at the teacher because their kid screwed up. No, they would discipline the kid for getting in trouble. Now if a kid gets in trouble there are A LOT of parents who fly off the handle on the teachers. Like how DARE they accuse little Jimmy of being less than perfect. if he screwed up it must be the teachers fault. That is the big difference I notice.

Agreed. So much. Parenting has totally changed.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm All Ears

I need someone to give me a kick in the butt to JUST DO IT and not worry. Seriously i know the first step is always the most nerve wracking but I need to get over it.

so yes, someone yell some sense into me.