Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Sit! Good dog.

It will never improve.

Move out.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Top Dog

Just about a month more til she moves out. Then I have the place to myself for the summer and then I move out to live with a previous roommate and some good friends. I can't wait.

An update on the situation. I received an affronted text for misinterpreting her because apparently the "please don't sit on the couch" portion of the message was only intended to mean while the cushion covers were being washed. That's entirely understandable (albeit slightly self-explanatory in my opinion... kind of like saying "please don't sleep in the bed until the sheets are back on..." Well, no sh*t, Sherlock). Of course, I'm actually slightly surprised that she wasn't speaking about couch use in general, given previous incidents.

But all is calm again in the land of the apartment. Stay tuned - I'm sure there'll be a new complaint soon.

ETA - to the poster that recommended speaking in person: yes I know that would be the ideal form of communication, and we were pretty good at it at first. But unfortunately, as time wore on, the complaints kept coming, and our friendship began to crumble, it got harder and harder to deal with her face to face. Believe it or not, we were actually good friends before we decided to room together.

Of course, I'm much less confrontational than she can be and conflicts typically end with me in tears and/or shutting down and just going along with whatever she has proposed as a "compromise." I can also be stubborn sometimes, which I think frustrates her to no end (understandably). Some of the "compromises" that have been made, she undoubtedly believes were real compromises whereas I tend to feel I drew the short straw because I just wanted the conflict to end. Which, to be honest, combined with my stubbornness means that I haven't been 100% at abiding by the compromises (I know this doesn't reflect the best on me). Anyhow, with that in mind, the confrontations continued (with me reacting in my usual way), so I started avoiding her altogether and alas, this is what has ensued. It's actually pretty amazing how easy it is to live in the same space with nothing but a wall separating your beds, but manage to avoid seeing a person for days at a time.

Basically here's a little synopsis of each of us:

Her: introvert, prefers to spend most of her free time alone, although she's not shy by any means. Very neat and clean. Germophobe. Extremely liberal, which is funny because living wise, she's one of the most conservative people I know. Doesn't like parties, drinking, or late nights. Has a boyfriend, but she rarely sees him because he lives 8+ hours away. Studious. Likes cold.

Me: introvert, but I like to be around people. I'm a little more cautious than she is about meeting new people, but once I know someone, I like their company and would rather have quiet company than be alone. Clean, but not particularly neat (i.e - clutter doesn't bother me too much, but dirt/dirty dishes absolutely do). Not a big drinker, don't like wild parties, and I don't stay up late. Have a boyfriend who lives in the area. Studious. Likes warmth.

On paper, we sound like we'd get along alright even though there's a few differences. But alas, that was bad decision #1.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/

Last edited by GoingNowhere; 04-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Kung Pow Fish

what a total and complete crackpot O_O im so sorry you have to deal with that, holy ****
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Behavior Nerd

Yea, when it gets to the note writing instead of talking phase, it's not going to improve. Been there, had the 9 page handwritten diatribe from said roomie to prove it. >.< Glad you only have a month left!