Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Top Dog

I realize that this is a dead thread, but I haven't been on here to read anyone's replies (computer problems.)

Thank you for those who responded with good, sound advice about my original question on house training. Cassie has become fairly reliable during the last month. The whole problem revolved around my lack of patience. (When I said "scold" I said "No." Not that I yelled at her or went nuts on her. It's a "No." then pick up and take outside, praise and treat when she does what she's supposed to") Anyway, she's better (I guess I should say I'm better) and we're glad.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Top Dog

In response to the crate training bash session, I'll try to be as nice as I can. Rocco, I've seen you bring up this exact same thing in another thread and you got the same response here that you did there. Everybody does things differently. Not all of us can stay home with our pets. The pets need food and they need someone to pay their vet bills. We humans also have lives outside of our dogs. Dogs are not welcome everywhere.

Crates are not bad. In the wild, dogs live in dens. Dens are small confined spaces. My dog is comfortable in her crate. She naps there when she doesn't have to because it's HER SPACE. She is not forced to be in her crate all the time. Just when I am not able to have both my eyes on her.

I can tell from your posts that you are a fantastic dog owner and you love your dogs. That's fantastic. I wish there were more great dog owners around. I love my dog too. I am a great dog owner. I would like to ask that you stop bringing this issue up any time anyone mentions the word "crate." What works for some does not work for all. I like the non confrontational debate in this forum. I do not like feeling put down for using a method that is proven and recommended by trainers, veterinarians, and experienced dog owners.