Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Terriers!! Okay, so it's a group, not a breed. But Terriers!

I could say JRT if I knew they were all like Siri

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Active Pup

GSD's are my favorite breed. My last one (mix) passed last year..I am sure another is in my future somewhere. After GSD's would be Pit Bulls.

GSD's I love their intense loyalty and devotion. I love a dog smart enough to challenge me but willing to let me be the boss.

Pit Bulls, what's not to love? There is something great about having dogs around that live to love and please.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

I do not like this question now that I have Journey haha. I feel torn. My brain tells me to scream "Toller!", because they were my favourite for a very, very long time and I felt like I'd found 'my' breed. I think I was wrong, though. I've totally fallen for Aussies and my heart tells me to say that Aussies are now my favourite.

I really love both breeds, though. But I feel like Aussies fit me just a little more perfectly, and I feel like they're a fraction more my favourite than Tollers are now. Which is not a bad thing, just unexpected. I truly didn't think I'd find a different breed that I enjoyed just as much if not more.

As for why I like these breeds?

Tollers: They're goofy, full of life, fun, eager dogs. In kind of a spastic, frantic way lol. But still, IME, easy to live with. They can be naughty and hard headed, a little selfish (in that they really don't have a strong desire to please - mine anyway has a very "what's in it for me?" attitude) and bratty, but I love watching Dance's little sneaky wheels turn in her head. She's just a happy, joyous little dog that never fails to make me laugh, even when she frustrates me, and I just get a lot of joy out of being around her and doing stuff with her. Also, I like that Tollers are (or should be) natural retrievers and that I didn't have to teach it. Big perk there for me and the games I like to play with dogs!

Aussies: I've only had one so far, but again, I love the zest for life and doing stuff. Be it learning, games, whatever. Journ gives me her all and then some with a big "what are we doing next, mom?!" smile plastered on her face, and at the same time she's also very focused and together and serious. I think that's what I love most of all: How unbelievably happy and full of joy she is but also with just the right amount of seriousness to balance it all out. And bouncy! What's not to love about a dog that thinks she's part bunny? And I don't know if this is a breed trait or just a trait of the dogs Journey comes from, but omg snuggly! I love how snuggly and cuddly she is, without being pushy or needy about it. And she's absolutely brilliant. The rate at which she learns amazes me, as it's been many years since I've experienced such a trait in a dog. She's such a little thinker and catches onto stuff so quickly and I love watching her offer me things with so much enthusiasm. I just love everything about her and could go on forever. I guess that answer might more be the answer to why I love Journey rather than Aussies as a whole, but the few other Aussies I've gotten to know share many of the traits that I love about Journey, too.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM
such sights to show you

Squashes. Squashes are my favorite breed.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

This:
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

Kooligators.

ETA: yes I stole that nickname from maligators. But it fits.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Big Dog

I am a lover of many breeds, but Chows are my fave...I some times joke it's because we are so much alike in temperament and personality [Perhaps I was a chow in a former life], but it's mostly because we just connect and make sense together. It's difficult to find that in most relationships with people, so it's something I appreciate even more.

My last chow was socialized fairly well, and he did well with all most every one he met having an easy going attitude. But with me, he gave his love and devotion. To have a dog that will be respectful to all, but show just you the secrets he hides inside is the most amazing gift you could imagine.

Last edited by Applebear; 04-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Terriers!! Okay, so it's a group, not a breed. But Terriers!

I could say JRT if I knew they were all like Siri
I wanna meet Siri! She seems like my total 'ideal' JRT if I were to ever have one. Most I meet around here are so nasty.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I love Mick...
I think you mean Caleb. Mick was the Lab/English Setter mix that we had before Caleb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
...You know, even though a Lab wouldn't really be 'my' kind of a dog, I have a soft spot for them. Once they hit a certain age, I usually love all the Labs I've ever been around. Just something so .... sweet about them.

When they're under 2, I am usually like ackkk omg NEVER want a Lab! hahaha and then I meet an awesome adult, and think how much I love them. haha...
That's a fairly normal reaction. In fact, we had the same reaction to our friend's Golden (we spent a lot of time babysitting him). As much as we loved him, we decided the house we were living in at the time was just too small for a retriever full time. By the time we found Mick at an adoption day, Rocky had matured, and we decided the "pay off" was well worth a couple of years of "retriever craziness". LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well.. I looooove my mutt but I loooooove my GSP too.

I'm smitten. He's our first, but we already talk about our second

Devoted, loving, energetic, naughty, mischievous, snuggly, full of character.

What's not to love????

It's funny when people think he's hard work, because we don't see it at all. Like when I asked the vet if he was going to be groggy after his op, and he replied, why do you want him to be?? Lol

We'd be bored with a placid quiet dog

And I think they're soooooooo good looking. Just aesthetically pleasing to me
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein