Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Top Dog

I've finally broken the plateau and am making real progress. I've lost 8 lbs so far. Would like to drop another 12 or so if I can.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Everyone is doing such a great job Keep it up.

Today I am scheduled to do 45 minutes of Disco Groove and 10 minute Ab sculpt. I'm scared to do the ab sculpt lol. when Shaun T does a video that's short you KNOW it's going to be crazy intense lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Club Terrible - President

Awesome job Falon!

Keep it up everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ten days.
I'm freaking out.

Five miles tonight.
Rest day tomorrow.
Four on Friday.
Ten on Saturday.
Five on Sunday.
Four on Monday.
Two on Wednesday.
Friday is the 5K, plan is to do like last year and walk the first two miles then run the last 1.1.

Then Saturday is the day.

My head is spinning just thinking about it.

I looked up the pace groups this morning. I'm going to start with the 9:55 pace group and see if I can finish with them. If I can't, I have two pace groups after them I can fall back on and still beat my goal time... Running with a pace group will be a new experience. Normally I run faster or slower depending on how I feel at any given time, the music in my ears, stuff like that. Typically all people run faster at the beginning and then start to slow down towards the end of the race. I will have to struggle to not be faster at the beginning. 9:55 is a bit slow. But I'm trying to be smart and do this properly so I can beat my goal... and there's no sense in burning up all my energy early on and missing the goal. So if I just slow down... I think I can do it...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

you'll do great, Beanie

Oh my goodness... I just finished 52 minutes of Rockin Body. disco groove and hardcore abs. hardcore abs was as intense as I thought it was going to be... YIKES.

I am soaking wet with sweat and kinda feel like throwing up a little LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Obey the Toad.

I fell off the wagon and am now climbing my fat butt back on! I did 30 minutes walking on the treadmill yesterday but I think my pace was too fast and my back was really sore afterward.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Obey the Toad.

I get very anxious when I start trying to change my lifestyle. I don't like change, and even though I want to be healthy, want to feel better, want to ride horses again, want to fly in a plane without worrying about fitting in the seat I get very anxious, and there is a part of me that is clinging to old, unhealthy habits screaming "NNNNOOOOO! I WILL NOT CHANGE"

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I get very anxious when I start trying to change my lifestyle.
I do too. It's rough.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Sorry, guys, I haven't been checking in here, OR in MyFitnessPal. I officially suck. But I haven't been doing terrible. I've lost only about 6lbs but at least I'm not gaining. I did my workout outside today and that sun was BRIGHT... sweat a lot! I ran a few laps around our house and around our fence etc. then I did my Jillian Michaels Shred outside in the yard (brought my ipad out there so I could see it lol). I did eat Dominos pizza tonight since I was babysitting the little sister, but yeah... overall, still doing fairly well, even tho I kNOW I could be doing way better!

I just found out a friend I've known since elementary school is a personal trainer on the side (and she's really good, I always see her instagram pics of herself, and her food, etc) and she charges real cheap for her friends, so I may take her up on that a few times a week.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I posted this on my sparkpeople.com blog a little while back. I share it here for you folks who are struggling a bit. Don't try to take it as "OMG, I need to lose 30 pounds" take it as "I need to eat better and exercise today". The old "one day at a time" thing.

From the blog entry:
One of the "splurge" things I do is to have my morning coffee with some non-dairy vanilla creamer. It amounts to about 60 calories so I don't fret too much about it. However, I noticed this morning as I was measuring out the creamer (using a measuring spoon), that it would be very easy to just shake some out and say, "Yup, that's about 4 teaspoons". The problem is that if I do this, I don't really know what I'm eating (well, drinking).

But Ed, it's just a small portion of creamer? No big deal, right?

Wrong. It's all the same. If I allow myself to be lazy with measuring out a teaspoon, what's next? I've already stepped away from the measuring spoon, so I may decide to simply pour "about a cup" of Cheerios and measure out "about 1/2 cup" of milk. And then, "Well, that was a small piece of chicken, I can have another." Extend that to the fitness routine and we can decide, "Well, that was 9 minutes. It was almost 10, so we'll call it 10 minutes today." Tomorrow you're 9 minutes becomes 8:30, then 8, etc.

In the Christian bible, Jesus' tells a "parable of the talents". In the end He says (and I'm paraphrasing here) that if you're faithful in the little things, I expect you will be faithful in the bigger things and if you are not faithful in the little things, I expect you will not be faithful with bigger things.

Whether or not you are a religious person, this thought makes a ton of sense. If you cheat on the teaspoon of creamer (or teaspoon of whatever you are measuring), you are more likely to cheat on the larger items. In the end, if I'm lazy and "cheat" on my plan, I'm not only cheating myself, but I'm cheating my loved ones and all of those who are pulling for me on my road to fitness.

The mantra of "little victories" applies. I simply have to make sure that I don't get lazy on the thing I'm working on now (whether diet, exercise or something else entirely), whether it's large or small.

All of it falls in line. The road to wellness is paved with these "little victories". Just don't get lazy on that road, because without the paving, you'll sink.