Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Twin 2

I'm counting this as girly so it's going in this thread.

I got a new pair of Puma flats last week for work and they are SUPER comfortable. No break in period, my feet the first day weren't completely dead after standing on rug covered concrete in one spot for 8 hours at work and they look really cute too.

http://www.zappos.com/puma-womens-zandy-mesh-outsider

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
So... do you mix the oils together before putting it on? Like you have a bottle with castor oil and whatever other oil you use? Or do you combine them when you apply? I suck at measuring and I'm pretty sure I did way too much of both oils. I made the mistake of pouring some castor oil in my hand and then had an "Oh sh*t" moment when I realized I had forgotten the coconut oil.

Any good visual aids to this? (I need pictures or videos because... again.. I suck at measuring. 30%? What?)
I decided to start doing this last night after reading this thread. I would think you would have to premix the oils to dilute the caster oil. Basically you can use tbsps, cups, any method you want and just make sure the caster is 1/10, 1/5, or 1/3 of the mixture, depending on if you're doing a 10%, 20%, or 30% dilution. I started with 30%, I have oily skin. I just took and empty body wash container then I put 1/3 cup caster oil and 2/3 cups extra virgin olive oil in it. I liked my day 1 experience. Really hope it clears up my horrible skin! I am nervous cause I read some really ba reviews but I'm gonna give it a good run before I decide.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
What kind of facial wax do you use? The last time I waxed my face it ... Well let's say it was a disaster :/.

I would like to try again but my skin is so sensitive :/
I use Veet face/Bikini & Underarm wax strips

My close friend who owns a organic Pharmacy researched lots of waxing kits for me and this is what she chose to order for me. Just don't use the Finishing wipes to take off the rest of the wax, just use coconut oil,

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I found this awesome website, that have the cutest clothes. I might have to buy a few dresses since I have 5 weddings to go to this summer.

http://www.nastygal.com/clothes-dresses/

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Walmart, trader joe's, whole foods..
I prefer coconut oil for the hair. The smell is nice and it seems to work best for my thick curly hair
Same here. I have thick, long, curly hair.

I'll leave the coconut oil in my hair overnight and just bobby pin it up with about 30 pins. Then I'll rinse it out in the morning and shampoo/condition it.

For sleeping (with dry hair), I also pin it up with bobby pins. It holds the curls in.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
So... do you mix the oils together before putting it on? Like you have a bottle with castor oil and whatever other oil you use? Or do you combine them when you apply? I suck at measuring and I'm pretty sure I did way too much of both oils. I made the mistake of pouring some castor oil in my hand and then had an "Oh sh*t" moment when I realized I had forgotten the coconut oil.

Any good visual aids to this? (I need pictures or videos because... again.. I suck at measuring. 30%? What?)
Mine are mixed together. I just put them in an empty baby food jar lol. I did 1 part castor oil to 2 parts olive oil. Doesn't matter what "parts" you measure in, depends on how much you want to make!

So far I'm liking it, my skin isn't getting any worse and my "problem areas" actually seem to be improving. Lately the outside corners of my eyebrows have been frustrating me with the little blemishes I've been getting all of a sudden, and they just won't go away... but uh, they're actually starting to go away now!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Just tried the oil cleansing method for the first time and Holy F-Bomb, I can feel a huge difference in my skin just using it the first time . Like holy crap, i'm actually impressed.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
What kind of facial wax do you use? The last time I waxed my face it ... Well let's say it was a disaster :/.

I would like to try again but my skin is so sensitive :/
Have you tried threading? Supposedly wax can damage your facial skin and cause wrinkling in the long run. There are a lot of good threading tutorials on youtube and it's practically free, plus no wax mess.

I bought a home electrolysis kit to slowly slowly destroy my leg hairs. Slowly. Slooowwllly. lol. Use it very occasionally on my face at the lowest setting and have had zero problems with scarring or anything, and it really does work to kill the hair follicle.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Slave to the Aussie

If you are pre mixing the oils make sure it's a sterile container and not one you have to dip your fingers in each time.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:

Mix in a separate container. Always, always have the oil you use daily in a separate container from the large one you purchase. Oil can and does get contaminated and go bad. My last two bottles of jojoba oil have gone bad, as has my last bottle of argan oil.

This is a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing, though, as I am 1/3 of the way through a bottle of vitamin e right now and am just keeping it in the shower.

As to the OCM - I'm down for the experiment. My skin has been getting progressively worse since I stopped using oil on it every day, and I'm breaking out and bumpy and have blackheads and scars. I'm going to go back to the oil and see if it clears up. I think I'll do some before/after pictures. Anyone else down for that?