Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

Default Pro plan has a grain free formula?

When did that happen? I was at Petco a few weeks ago and saw a bag of it in the sale area. Needless to say the ingredients panel is beyond a joke, but for curiosity sake, lets discuss it shall we? Well, not sure if it's been discussed before or not because Chaz's search function isn't currently functioning (what's new?). So, ingredients:

Quote:
http://www.proplan.com/dry-dog-food/...-free-formula/
Chicken, canola meal, cassava root flour, chicken meal (natural source of glucosamine), pea starch, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), fish meal (natural source of glucosamine), dried egg product, pea fiber, dried beet pulp, pea protein, natural flavor, fish oil, salt, calcium phosphate, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, zinc proteinate, Vitamin E supplement, choline chloride, DL-Methionine, manganese proteinate, calcium carbonate, ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), copper proteinate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium iodate, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.
Well, I know what I'm thinking . Oh, and don't forget to click on the link and read the reviews for it, wow.