Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Behavior Nerd

I just started using EffOff all natural face scrub and SHU moisturizer and love it so far. The scrub pulls nasties out and then I basically oil cleanse with the SHU every other day. In just a couple days it seems to be clearing things nicely and the SHU even took care of some razor burn elsewhere!

Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Resident fainting goat

To fellow heat tool everyday-ers. I speak from someone who used to blowdry and iron her very curly hair straight EVERY DAY and whose hair has since 100% recovered.

Embrace no-heat styling. What worked best for me is, shampoo/condition/no frizz serum at night, braided or bun to sleep, BEHOLD your will wake up to dry hair that is already "styled" just spritz with some spray and run your fingers through.
The "twist" method to wavy locks also works wonders, especially on straight hair. Twist hair into forced spirals (after you apply some leave in, some styling frizz stuff and washed it), pin or tie so the twists are TIGHT and leave in.
As so.

- Neutrogena triple moisture deep recovery hair mask.
It's available at CVS (it's orange) and pretty awesome.

- Gentle shampoo, and shampoo less often if you can. I really like the JASON brand of shampoos.. you can get them at public/whole foods/trader joe's.

Fresh makes a great dry shampoo as well. So maybe you won't have to wash/blow dry EVERY DAY.

- Let your hair airdry as much as possible before blow drying. Your hair wet + blow dryer is basically boiling your hair lol even giving myself an extra 30 minutes to REALLY towel dry and let my hair air dry really helped with damage.

- Heat protectant. This is what I use and I beyond love it.
http://www.amazon.com/Crack-Styling-...ctant+for+hair
Protects from UVA/UVB rays and chlorine and protects hair from dryness but most importantly, it's a great protective barrier between your hair and the heat from styling.

I also put it in my hair on days I don't style it.. it just makes hair look good lol and at $11 it's a steal compared to most hair products

It took a WHILE but my hair is back to it's healthy natural state.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I tried OCM and wasn't impressed. It didn't break me out majorly like some people claim, but it didn't do any miracles either. I was really disappointed. I tried a few different combinations of oils and just never hit the right one I guess. I never once had that "STUFF IS JUST FALLING OUT OF MY PORES!" moment a lot of people say they have. I wish I had. Boo. =<

I've had my Clarisonic for I think almost three years now, I bought the Mia because it's smaller (easier to travel with) and the battery lasts MUCH longer than the full-size, and I only use it on my face anyway so I don't need to body brush attachment. I love it. Love love love it. My skin is soooo soft since using it. It hasn't really done much for my acne but it's crazy how soft my skin feels with it.
The only thing is that they didn't have a hot pink one available when I got mine, only a baby pink, and NOW they have hot pink. I'm hoping it will die so I can replace it with a hot pink one. IT WON'T DIE. LET ME BUY A HOT PINK ONE. PLEASE.

Right now I'm using Garnier's Skin Renew to see if it gets rid of my post-acne marks. I'm also using Garnier's BB cream. I bought a tube kind of on a whim thinking it would be way too sheer for me but wow, the coverage is actually really good. I'm so disappointed I've missed out on BB creams this long LOL.

My favourite mascara is Dior Show Blackout in waterproof. I asked a guy at Sephora for the best waterproof mascara because I go straight to the gym after work and doesn't really want to mess with trying to take makeup off before I workout, but I don't want raccoon eyes either, and that's what he gave me, and it was exactly what I asked for. It doesn't even really come off in the shower easily. =P I have to use Clinique's Take The Day Off to get it off my eyelashes.
For my bottom lashes I use Clinique's bottom lash mascara, l-o-v-e it, I just wish it were waterproof because it will run off and smudge some. The tiny brush is perfect and it is way more smudge-proof than anything else I've ever put on my lower lashes.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Top Dog

Has anyone tried the Clinique Even Better Eyes undereye circle remover? It has great reviews and my dark circles are terrible.

I was also thinking about making my own sort of stuff with mulberry root extract and maybe green tea or something. But IDK if just putting a mulberry root paste on my eyes will work very well.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Behavior Nerd

I had a sample, didn't notice much difference. My dark circles are genetic tho - nothing has worked yet. >.< I'm going to try EffOff's Eye Eye Captain gel next, tho.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
To fellow heat tool everyday-ers. I speak from someone who used to blowdry and iron her very curly hair straight EVERY DAY and whose hair has since 100% recovered.
I like that way of getting some curl Fran! I typically braid my hair at night which gives me some fun waves but I want to try the curls like that.

I never really used the blow dryer on my whole head but since I had bangs across the forehead I used it on them everyday, sometimes twice so the front of my hair isn't too healthy. It's one of the reasons I'm getting away from my bangs right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I tried OCM and wasn't impressed. It didn't break me out majorly like some people claim, but it didn't do any miracles either. I was really disappointed. I tried a few different combinations of oils and just never hit the right one I guess. I never once had that "STUFF IS JUST FALLING OUT OF MY PORES!" moment a lot of people say they have. I wish I had. Boo. =
That's too bad! I'm really tickled so far, especially since it's the first thing I've tried that has seemed to work.

So far the biggest things I've noticed is that my skin is less oily throughout the day, skin is a bit more evened out and less angry looking, black heads are almost all gone and probably the biggest right now is I'm getting close to my period and I haven't broken out like is typical for me.

BUT I've only been doing it for a month now and have actually been super diligent about unlike how I normally am about washing my face and moisturizing. That's why I want to hear from long term users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Right now I'm using Garnier's Skin Renew to see if it gets rid of my post-acne marks. I'm also using Garnier's BB cream. I bought a tube kind of on a whim thinking it would be way too sheer for me but wow, the coverage is actually really good. I'm so disappointed I've missed out on BB creams this long LOL.
Oooh, I have Garnier's BB cream saved on Amazon right now debating on if I want to try it. Glad to hear you really like it because there were very mixed amazon reviews on it.

The mascara's you guys have mentioned, question about them. I mentioned this in Fran's 13 things thread that I've got trichotillomania but have managed to grow back all my eyelashes and brows recently so I'm a little nervous about using mascara that isn't good for your eyelashes. Are those bad for them? Does anyone have any that work well but are also healthy for your lashes?

ETA: Did some digging and found this 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening All Natural Mascara which looks interesting.

Last edited by Linds; 04-14-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Taxiderpy

Tried the OCM last night with a little coconut oil and it felt nice. Going to look for castor oil and try it long term with that and grapeseed oil or something.

One thing I've been meaning to do every day is a Tanaka self face massage. I did it last night while putting on the coconut oil. It was really relaxing, and only takes a few minutes so hopefully will be something I can have time for while doing a daily OCM routine. Here's a youtube video that shows how to do it on yourself.

Once weekly I do an egg white mask too. Just a lukewarm egg white, a few drops of tea tree oil, and then break open an MSM capsule and mix that in too. It really helps with clarity and things overall
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Alright, hair people.

Give me advice.

First order of business: my boyfriend wants me to try bangs. I have not had bangs since I was like...ten. I don't think bangs would look good on me. But, I'm willing to try IF other people think bangs wouldn't look bad and I can find a style I like.

Here is a picture I took of myself down in Flordia to taunt my mom that I was in summer clothes while they were getting snow. Shows my face shape:

So...bangs? If so, what kind? I absolutely HATE having hair in my eyes, and the times I've tried side bangs has typically ended with me pining them back because they were bothering me so much.

Second order of business: I have naturally wavy hair, and I have grown to REALLY like it. What I don't really like is the fact that I can't keep it wavy!

Sometimes it more frizzy, sometimes it less frizzy. Sometimes its more curly than wavy, othertimes its more wavy than curly. I don't blow dry my hair (hate doing it), and it typically air drys in waves I like - but as soon as they start to get jostled around in day to day activities, my hair just turns into a hectic ball of fluff.

I have both Crack and Frizz-Eze serum that I use when I remember to, but that always isn't enough. Is there something I can do to help hold my waves in place so they don't just become a shapeless fluff ball? I've even tried braiding it and letting it dry in the braid, then letting the braid out - and while at first it looks great, it soon becomes fluff.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Alright, hair people.

Give me advice.

First order of business: my boyfriend wants me to try bangs. I have not had bangs since I was like...ten. I don't think bangs would look good on me. But, I'm willing to try IF other people think bangs wouldn't look bad and I can find a style I like.

Here is a picture I took of myself down in Flordia to taunt my mom that I was in summer clothes while they were getting snow. Shows my face shape:
I've had bangs since I was about 18 and I've just recently started pinning them back.

I think they look really nice and I think they would look great on you! But, if you're someone that doesn't like hair in your face I can see you just pinning them back all the time and getting frustrated. ESPECIALLY with summer coming, they are hot and annoying in the heat.

But looks wise I think they would look really nice on you! I like bangs in general, especially the across the forehead kind
Old 04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

Oh I love OCM I use coconut and sunflower oil with a bit of lavender EO added in.

Makeup....oh makeup is so much fun! Most of my collection is Everday Minerals...I feel pretty good about using that on my face. I do have some other fun stuff though, and I LOVE my gel eyeliner etc. Its weird as up until recently I was almost embarrassed that I loved makeup and hair stuff lol...I always thought of myself as a tomboy and it took me quite awhile to embrace both parts of myself

My newest favorite makeup stuff is Real Techniques brushes. I just LOVE them, make it so easy to get the look I am going for.

I have also spent WAY too much time watching Pixiwoo on youtube. Two sisters who are AWESOME makeup artists and just for me are so much fun to watch....I want them to be my sisters

Hair, hair is fun I go all over the board with those. French/dutch braids, a braid into a pony, side braids, fish tails, double braids, on and on. I also love some of the vintage pinup styles and incorporate parts of those as well. Cute girls hairstyles is aimed for young girls but have a TON of cute styles that can work on adults as is or with a couple modifications. I like them because they have very clear instructions that make it easy for me. I have no natural hair talent lol