Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I bought it at fruitful yield but I know a lot of people get it at Trader Joes

I've heard good things about jojoba but the price tag makes me step back. I really am digging the avocado oil too but I need to order some more cold pressed because the local store only has refined.

I've looked at the clarisonic, so you really like it? Worth the money?

I figured she meant she had other oil but not castor oil! But yeah, my face started drying out so I had to lesson the castor oil I was using.

ETA: Everyone that tries the OCM keep this thread updated because I'm curious to see how it works for everyone else long term!
Yes I think the clarisonic was worth the money! My skin just felt really clean after I started using it and a week or so in it looked dewy and healthy again.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Yes I think the clarisonic was worth the money! My skin just felt really clean after I started using it and a week or so in it looked dewy and healthy again.
Cool! I'll look into it.

Has anyone here done hair chalking by any chance?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Has anyone here done hair chalking by any chance?
No but I want to! I saw a hair chalking kit at the drugstore the other day and was tempted.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I figured she meant she had other oil but not castor oil! But yeah, my face started drying out so I had to lesson the castor oil I was using.
Yep, that's what I meant
Old 04-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Resident fainting goat

My most recent beauty obsessions

-Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Love.. all the easiness/SPF of moisturizer, with a lovely natural coverage that does not need touch ups and lasts all day.
Winning.

- Moroccan oil. Love the smell and makes my hair look awesome when I straighten it!

- Using cheap conditioner as shaving creme! lol who knew? but it works SO MUCH BETTER than any shaving creme I've used. I let it sit for a minute (to soften the hair) and then shave and it works awesome!

- Favorite beauty blogger.
Goss makeup artist.
He is british and the tutorials are simple and wide ranging (from simple eyeliner all the way to really glam looks!)

http://youtu.be/iwUUodcDs0c

Other favorite (pro tip: it's easiest if you find a beauty blogger with your skin type/color/style.. trust me, from someone who felt USELESS after MONTHS of following a prominent asian beauty blogger and FAILING to do what she did lol it's easiest to follow someone with your same skin color and such to make tutorials easier to follow)

I really like her, much simpler and DIY than goss
http://youtu.be/vYDTPe41e_Q

I really have no idea why both my beauty bloggers are british.

- Favorite all purpose "stuff that smells good" Heritage Rose water.
It really is just water + rose oil so it's a simple, not heavy light pretty scent that is cheap so I use it everywhere.

I LOVE IT for spritzing clothes and spritzing hair. It gives my hair a really pretty light scent
I even spritz it around my apartment before guests arrive

http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Flowe...rds=rose+water

- Favorite drug store "oh god I can't believe this is $8 this works better than my $30 eyeliner" find.

Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner.
It's also on amazon for like $8 as well.

- Favorite mascara.
Clinique naturally glossy mascara
http://www.sephora.com/naturally-glo...70?skuId=55780
I've been through A LOT of mascaras and this is the only one I've found to give me the volume I want without clump or smuges.

It's also clinique so I don't have to worry about irritation.

Keep in mind.. my lashes are pretty long and this is my everyday mascara. The look is "a little more thickness and length but still natural" this is BY NO MEANS I VAVOOM super glam mascara.

- Favorite going out eyeliner.
Stila Stay all day waterproof.
Seriously.. this stuff is hardcore.

It's a liquid, so takes some practice!
http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-...?skuId=1312719

- The sexier better kinder but pricier cousin of cherry chapstick.

http://www.beauty.com/fresh-sugar-ro...f-15/qxp221133

Anybody who says anything like "wow $20 is a lot for a simple lip treatment..
has never tried it."
Seriously.
It's that good.

- "holy crap why has nobody ever told me about this I have wasted so much money"
baby wipes are the same thing as makeup wipes.
Stop buying makeup removing wipes
STAHP IT

Huggies are my personal favorite, they are unscented, gentle, but STRONG and really take everything off. Even on nights out.

I keep a small travel pouch of baby wipes next to my bed! Great for drunk nights where I just can't make it to the bathroom but don't want to sleep with eyeliner on

- Brushes.
Eco tools (sold at walmart and amazon) are my favorites. Inexpensive, really soft, good quality, last long. (no hairs coming off or harsh hairs)

Tip: wash your brushes. If you don't want to break out you NEED TO WASH THEM.
how to clean your brushes brought to you by another favorite beauty blogger.
She has much more FUN tutorials (cosplays, glam looks, etc..)
http://youtu.be/vVdciJkmb7o
although after cleaning I Just let me brushes dry on a towel.. the fancy stuff is probably best for fancier brushes but my brushes are pretty inexpensive soo ehh

that's all I can think of for now! lol
Old 04-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Where do you buy it?
I get Nutiva either order from vitacost.com or from the vitaminshoppe
Old 04-13-2013, 11:12 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
I've looked at the clarisonic, so you really like it? Worth the money?
The Clarisonic is sooo worth it. I didn't pay for mine so I guess I don't even know how much they go for, but that + coconut oil has really saved my face!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I really like her, much simpler and DIY than goss
http://youtu.be/vYDTPe41e_Q
She is SO cute!! I'm loving her channel, half because she's adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

- Using cheap conditioner as shaving creme! lol who knew? but it works SO MUCH BETTER than any shaving creme I've used. I let it sit for a minute (to soften the hair) and then shave and it works awesome!
I do that all the time!! Works so great!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Okay I'm totally and completely trying the OCM ASAP.

What's the best way to achieve long, healthy, soft, shiny hair? I have been battling damaged/ungrowing hair for a long time now, and it's SO much better than it was (the ends were basically fried off when I had my hair ombréd about 8 months ago), but it isn't in good shape. It has grown slightly but I have had to cut off dead ends a little at a time.

It grows VERY LITTLE, VERY SLOWLY. I have trimmed maybe an inch or two off at most in the last 8 months and it is the exact length it was when I ombréd it. I used to have very long, thick, healthy hair, and now it is nothing like it used to be for whatever reason. My guess is a combination of damage (from bleaching/coloring) and diet (from when I was on a 500 calorie diet with no fats or oils of any kind, even on your hair or skin).

However I have been eating relatively healthy and haven't colored or bleached my hair, have been using expensive "treatment" shampoo and conditioners, applying expensive Aveda brand oils to my ends, and leave in conditioner, trying not to blow dry or straighten, etc, etc. It is definitely in better shape than it was. But nothing like it used to be.

Any tips? This OCM for your face sounds fantastic, like a skin miracle, so maybe one of you also knows a hair miracle?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Laur, it takes a longggg while for your hair to start growing back "normal" after trauma or something - my hair really just started getting back to normal from when I was hospitalized for a poor diet and that was a year and a half ago.

Do you take vitamins? Adding a regular multivitamin, or even taking a prenatal vitamin or an E supplement will help. Definitely make sure you're getting enough good fats and oils and vitamins in your diet.

Try to blow dry/straighten/etc. your hair as little as possible. I *maybe* blow dry my hair to half-dry about three times a year. It's REALLY damaging. I know women and girls who use straighteners or blow dryers every day and their hair is soooo dry. What's the point of using the tools to make your hair look good EVERY day if in the end your hair is going to look dry and broken and unhealthy from their use anyway?? You should also not be washing your hair every day - maybe try a sulfate free shampoo or go shampoo free.

Those hair-mask things you make at home (banana, raw egg, avocado, olive oil, etc.) work really well if you do them once a week or so. Just google different mixtures for that.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com